Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2006 5:32:20 AM EDT
I feel so dirty, having to be exposed to such filth and propaganda on a regular basis.  45 minutes every couple of days.

Last night there was some Cafertty File or something.  The closed captioning covers part of the screen, but the big discussion was...
"What did Cheney mean when he said dunking terrorists was a no brainer?"

How can a major cable news network not understand one simple sentence? Is there a particular word that is giving them trouble?  Phrase?  It just seems like such a simple set of words.  Don't they have an operating budget of 100s of millions of dollars?  You would think they could hire a high school student to look up words in a dictionary.

Cheney is the Vice President of the Unites States of America.

Dunking, in this context, means putting people in water.

Terrorists are people who try to spread fear thru violence, murder, and intimidation.

No-brainer means it is not a very complicated subject.

So, I think that sentence means... the vice president thinks putting people who want to harm us in water is not a very difficult decision.  I searched their website for about 5 minutes, but I couldn't find the link to the web address where you are supposed to send your answer to the Cheney-dunking question.  I couldn't spend any more time there.

The word "was" is in there, which is the past tense of "is".  CNN's Lord, King, and God has decried that the definition of the word "is" is highly dependant on context, so maybe that is the problem.

Next on CNN, a special report...  Why Republicans have gone so very wrong, and an in-depth look at why Republicans should just stay home on election day.  Then we will show that the Vice President's wife is a lunatic, too.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:38:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a MP3 player.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:45:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Get a MP3 player.

+1.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:49:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get a MP3 player.

+1.

+2

There arent any TV's in the free weight area which is pretty much all I do at the gym.
Even if there were, I wouldnt really have time to pay attention to them.
I do my cardio outside, running. Cant stand the treadmill these days. They are ok for a mile or two....but I am running for anything over a 5k distance, I need scenery...I get too bored on a treadmill after 1/2 hour. YMMV.....litterally
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:50:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I hate treadmills.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:04:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:37:45 AM EDT
[#6]
There are now portable radios that pick up XM and Sirius. That way you can listen to Fox News at the gym. Or like other people said you can get an MP3 player and listen to your music or podcasts.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:41:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Bring a universal remote and switch it to Fox News.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:57:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Why dont you focus on working out instead of the tv. The tube is for when your at home.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:59:30 AM EDT
[#9]

No girlie men where I'm at.  My gym plays Foxnews!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:40:21 AM EDT
[#10]
tv? hell, we just got a radio last week

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:54:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get a MP3 player.

Get a unversal remote control.

Get an mp3 player and one of these:

TV Be Gone

Your TV-B-Gone® universal remote control resembles other TV remote controls, but is different in two important ways. First, it only has a power button that allows you to switch a TV on or off. You control when you see, rather than what you see. Second, the device is so small that it easily fits in your pocket, so that you have it handy whenever you need it wherever you go: airports, bars, restaurants, laundromats, etc.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:01:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#13]
get an ipod?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:10:04 AM EDT
[#14]
See my sigline
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:50:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ATA/24818BP~The-Simpsons-Nelson-Haha-Posters.jpg

No girlie men where I'm at.  My gym plays Foxnews!

Mine too, and I usually listen to my MP3 player and just read the closed captioning.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:57:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

img102.imageshack.us/img102/2429/gym005kz2.jpg

img104.imageshack.us/img104/6444/gym006ky6.jpg

You guys aren't planning on playing in some dodgeball tournament, are you .
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#17]
During the 2004 elections I needed rehab after surgery. THe place had 3 - 4 TVs and all on CNN. These assholes (therapists) were jeering Bush cheering what's his name oh Kerry every chance they got. I complained to the Dr. I was using. He placed "anonymous" complaint for me and my therapist upon my next visit was speaking to other patience out loud intonation the complaint from me. I said this is a place of business - which I pay for. You don't talk sex, religion or politics without pissing someone off. Never went back.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img102.imageshack.us/img102/2429/gym005kz2.jpg

img104.imageshack.us/img104/6444/gym006ky6.jpg

You guys aren't planning on playing in some dodgeball tournament, are you .

If you can learn to dodge an iron plate, you can learn to dodge a ball!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I know....  I should go to a man gym with no TV's.  

I can't really run anymore, too many potato-sack PLF's....  Bad knees.  So, the elliptical machine for me.

Sometimes CNN is just funny.  Last night they were showing a piece on how President Bush said "internets" during a campaign debate with Al Gore.  That was two freakin years ago!  They want to make fun of the President for mis-speaking one word two years ago, a week before an election???   No, CNN is not biased at all.....
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#20]
You can't change the channel?

At my gym each treadmill, elliptical and stationary bike have TV's mounted on them, each one can change the channel independently.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I feel so dirty, having to be exposed to such filth and propaganda on a regular basis.  45 minutes every couple of days.

Last night there was some Cafertty File or something.  The closed captioning covers part of the screen, but the big discussion was...
"What did Cheney mean when he said dunking terrorists was a no brainer?"

How can a major cable news network not understand one simple sentence? Is there a particular word that is giving them trouble?  Phrase?  It just seems like such a simple set of words.  Don't they have an operating budget of 100s of millions of dollars?  You would think they could hire a high school student to look up words in a dictionary.

Cheney is the Vice President of the Unites States of America.

Dunking, in this context, means putting people in water.

Terrorists are people who try to spread fear thru violence, murder, and intimidation.

No-brainer means it is not a very complicated subject.

So, I think that sentence means... the vice president thinks putting people who want to harm us in water is not a very difficult decision.  I searched their website for about 5 minutes, but I couldn't find the link to the web address where you are supposed to send your answer to the Cheney-dunking question.  I couldn't spend any more time there.

The word "was" is in there, which is the past tense of "is".  CNN's Lord, King, and God has decried that the definition of the word "is" is highly dependant on context, so maybe that is the problem.

Next on CNN, a special report...  Why Republicans have gone so very wrong, and an in-depth look at why Republicans should just stay home on election day.  Then we will show that the Vice President's wife is a lunatic, too.  

My gym has the same thing! Luckily they have Fox News on too. They've also got ESPN, but I couldn't care less about it, though I'd rather watch that than CNN. EVERY time I go they are playing all of this stupid ass broken government stuff. CNN isn't biased? YEAH RIGHT!

I've been thinking about picking up an IPOD. I might do that today.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I can't really run anymore, too many potato-sack PLF's....  Bad knees.  So, the elliptical machine for me.

Sometimes CNN is just funny.  Last night they were showing a piece on how President Bush said "internets" during a campaign debate with Al Gore.  That was two freakin years ago!  They want to make fun of the President for mis-speaking one word two years ago, a week before an election???   No, CNN is not biased at all.....

Well, there is this other thing called Internet II, so yeah, there are Internets...
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:20:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I can't stand Fox News, or their competition.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#25]
You're part of their "hearts and minds" strategy but thanks to CNN you got a slightly cheaper gym membership.

that's the bad news and the good news.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:39:08 AM EDT
[#26]
I've got an MP3 player...  It's just like an IPOD.  No, really.....  

I wanna be like the cool kids and pay $200 for a player that does the exact same thing as a $40 player.....  

The TVs are set up on some kind of a relay or external tuner or something...  I'm not very technical.  Anyway, they are preset to certian stations, and they broadcast the sound on a localized FM freq, so people can listen if they want.  I guess I should just ask them to change it!

The TV next to the one showing CNN had the mexican station on yesterday.  Wow.  Some kind of variety show.  Women wearing bikinis had to jump on a trampoline and pop ballons taped to the ceiling.  Then they had a contest where women in jeans and bikini tops and cowboy hats rode mechanical bulls.  I don't know what that show was, but I think I may need to just move over a few machines!!!  They even made trained seals dance.  I couldn't help but laugh at that, can you imagine what would happen to an American TV station that made animals perform?  PETA would be protesting that afternoon.  

(I think there may be a thread in the team forum about the announcer chick for that show....  )
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#27]
A recent Fox News poll concluded that men who say "ICK"are GAY.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, there is this other thing called Internet II, so yeah, there are Internets...

I don't know a dang thing about "Internet II" but when I hear people say "internets" I think of the NIPRnet and the SIPRnet.  Since I doubt anyone at CNN has ever had a military or government security job, it is no surprise that they seem to think the NIPRnet is the only internet out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top