Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/27/2006 2:06:50 PM EDT
I am spending the weekend in a very rural community house sitting for family friends. They asked me to come out and stay because they are in the process of relocating down south, and needed someone to watch their dog. On top of that, their community has experienced a rash of break-ins lately.

The daughter of the family friend informed me that I might encounter some "weird stuff" happening while here; supposedly the former owner committed suicide. This is a very old farmhouse. I'm far from home; they didn't leave me much food and there is possibly the worst DVD collection of all time here. So far I havent had anything "weird" happen, but im going into town to get some food, beer, and movies. I have the internet but apparently this computer is messed up because the screen is wonky. I have no company other than the dog, so I hope to be entertained by ARFCOM this weekend, I have papers to write for class as well.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Cha-cha-cha-cha

Cho-cho-cho-cho

(footsteps)   oooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooo! (Xfiles theme)
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:11:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh good shit, be sure to tell us about it later.

I love stories like this.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#3]
see if you can record some of the stuff happening.  You have a pretty cool opportunity to do that just be careful and keep us posted on what happens.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#4]
dude you are fucked! if the dog barks at the walls, run!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Ch ch ch........

Ha ha ha.....
*Friday the 13th*
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Cha-cha-cha-cha

Cho-cho-cho-cho

Sounds like you're trying to say "Chupacabra" while standing in the freezing rain.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:14:02 PM EDT
[#7]
They are calling from inside the house .............
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:33:14 PM EDT
[#8]
"Biggie Smalls, Biggie Smalls, Biggie Smalls"
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Here, read this.

paranormal.about.com/od/ghostsandhauntings/

It will help you sleep better.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#10]

All work and no play makes johnny a dull boy.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Heres something for you to play with if you get board.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:47:12 PM EDT
[#12]
As long as you haven't rubbed one out in there yet, you'll be OK.

That  "release" of psychic energy is enough to awaken he who walks between the walls.

Sweet dreams, tuck the covers around your throat!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, do you have a gun?  Make sure when you shoot at the impervious to bullet ghosts you dont hit the dog.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Be sure to place full mags at strategic places throughout the house, and don't forget to create an "Alamo".

God be with you, man.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:50:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Nothing will happen as long as you don't go there with the expectation that something will happen.  A noise is just a noise.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Remember not to look at any mirrors or windows as you walk around at night.  You may see something  you don't wanna see...

Oh yes, they see you alright... but do you really wan't to see them?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:54:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Isn't the SciFi cannel running Ghost Hunters alot this weekend?  Watch that and have a GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!  It is actually a good show.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Who you gonna call?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:59:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Anybody in the NY crew know where he is?  
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Just try not to look back into a room after you walk through.

You might just see the former owner swinging from the rope he hanged himself with.

Do you really want to see that?

Best to not look.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#22]
There is probably no such thing as ghosts.

But people HAVE been talking about them for thousands of years.

Almost all culture have ghost legends.

Probably just a coincidence.

Just a coincidence.

Just a coincidence.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 3:59:14 PM EDT
[#23]
get the DVDs

Amitiville Horror

Burnt Offerings
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#24]
There's nothing there in the night that isn't there in the day.

Don't get the squirts worrying about nothing.  Ghosts are a product of the weak minded.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
There's nothing there in the night that isn't there in the day.

Don't get the squirts worrying about nothing.  Ghosts are a product of the weak minded.

!!!

The ghosts are in there with you during the day, too!

The call is coming from the same building! John has a long moustache! GET TO ZE CHOPPAH!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
As long as you haven't rubbed one out in there yet, you'll be OK.

That  "release" of psychic energy is enough to awaken he who walks between the walls.

Sweet dreams, tuck the covers around your throat!

Better play it safe and get some of this when you go to the store.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Red Rum!!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#28]
You might be really lucky.

Since there is no real evidence of ghosts whatsoever, you might be able to find some and you would clearly become super-rich.

Unfortunately, there are probably pretty good odds that you will obtain no such evidence and ghosts will remain pretty much like the easter bunny, santa etc.
Hope for the best...you could get rich but prepare for a BIG letdown (which is what almost all of the "paranormal" is).
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Don't worry about spending time in the house.  

When I was 6-12 we lived in a pre-civil war house that was supposed to be haunted.  My mom and sister swore that they saw strange things, but I never did.

My personal opinion is that seeing "proof" of hauntings has more to do with wanting to or psyching yourself into it than with anything paranormal actually being there.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#30]
OK, I'll ask:  What is the best round for a "ghost"?

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Dude, you're fucked......................

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#32]
WE have traced this reply....
This post is coming from.....
INSIDE YOUR HOUSE!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:59:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Just dip your rounds in Holy Water.

You do have Holy Water right? Right?

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Stay w/ the dog if he runs ...you run too , run , run ,run  see  JM  run .

Stay with the dog . If he doesn't want to go ....you don't either .

"Do Naut seek tha treasure , It  IS  A  TRAP !
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just dip your rounds in Holy Water.

You do have Holy Water right? Right?

Yes.  But are my silver bullets and wolvesbane out on this one?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Sit back.

Be perfectly still.

Breath slowly.

Dim lights.

Relax and try to contact your "guides".

They will guide you through this.

Don't be afraid. They are friendly.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#37]
If this guy shows up, don't let him in!

You're gonna die in there! All of you!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#38]
hey, if you're anywhere near Georgia you might get a big ol' creature wit red glowing eyes courtesy of ThebeerSlayer.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#39]

If there are any tombs/burial mounds/caskets around the house get the corpses/skeletons out, urinate on them, re-arrange the limbs,  put a frilly dress on them, and put them in backwards.  Ghost love that.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Lol thanks for all the friendly advice, here is how night 1 has shaken out:

went to get food shortly after post 1. ended up with some chinese food and bud light. Sat on the couch watching TV and eating and drinking. I previously mentioned that there is not food. Well, I dont like well water and there is no non-beer drinks in the house either. I went in the basement to find somthing; no luck, just an old can of cream of shrimp soup. Basement is a creepy dug-out style.

Came back up stairs, called a few friends just to see what was going on, then fell asleep on the couch.

Of note: there is a creepy baby doll with fluttery eyes in a cradle in the family room. odd, as they have no yong children nor evidence of a further 'doll' collection. I fall asleep in that room watching TV.

at 2200 i go to let the dog out and notice the choke collar i hung in the garage is missing. odd.

at 2350 i turned off the lights downstairs and came up here to post. Pretty bored so far. Internet only useful for 10-15 mins at a time; pretty bummed about that.

PS: I am ccw a glock 19, because i was supposed to attend a pistol class in the AM at a local range. Class was cancelled on account of instructor illness. super bummed.

Monitor is screwing up on me again, so im signing off. Peace.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Good luck.

I hope you wake up alive....
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Good luck.

Yes, because waking up dead really sucks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#43]
that is the ghost making the monitor act up.

They figure it is time to play with you!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#44]
He should have rented The Entity on DVD (based on a true story ).  Horny ghost would rape, fondle, and beat the woman in the movie.  Lets hope your ghost isn't of like temperment, but gay...  
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good luck.

Yes, because waking up dead really sucks.

It's been known to happen.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:40:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Here's to hopin' that you experience "Somethin'" that proves that the "Yard-Sale" that passes for a life for most of us AiN'T the end of the story!

I'd personally LOVE to meet a real "live" ghost!

I'd be like...."Dude! Right the F**K on!"
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:10:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Morning update.
Last night was pretty sleepless; A dog in its home without its masters tends to be pretty restless, and my experience was no exception. I slept in the master bedroom, and the dog slept next to me until about 0330. During the night, on two separate occasions, once at roughly 0200 and 0425, I heard what sounded quite like someone walking around downstairs. I had a dream where the homeowners' trip was ruined and they returned early, but I was wide awake when I heard the footsteps and rummaging on account of the dog. Both times I investigated (being in someone else's home, you sometimes arent always sure the place is as secure as you would make your own home), and both times found nothing. The dog stayed upstairs both times I went down.

Like I said, the house is fairly unfamiliar to me, so the sounds i interpereted as footsteps and general rummaging could have been pipes or the house settling or the furnace of whatever.

The bed I slept on was crappy, I have a stiff neck and lower back this morning. The dog is fed, watered, and let to the bathroom, so I am off to keep myself occupied around town. Realtors are showing the house at 1pm, so I have to stay gone until at least 3 or 4. I hope to have a relaxing drive in the country, enjoy a decent local meal, and listen to some good music on the radio. Peace out, I'll check in when I get back.

ETA: My streamlight 3N proved indispensible. It is easier to find in the dark than a black flashlight (like my G2) because its neon yellow, good when you groggily need to find out whhere a dog is in the darkened house.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:15:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Bummer
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:18:07 AM EDT
[#49]
jm - you're doing good; keep it up with the updates.

The rest of you - you are some cruel and funny bastards.  I love arfcom!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:18:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Glocks are great .......for Zombies .

Man , you are messing with Ghosts , you point that Zombie gun at a ghost and he /she might just bite you during the night .

Are you going to get to stay there again tonight ?

There has got to Shadow People in there , they are "harmless .........recent update to "Mostly Harmless."

They are like alot of "things" but they dont really register w/ your mind if you are looking right at them , which is what one tends to do the first 1/2 dozen times you see one .

You'll see them at the edges of your view .

But since the rods and cones in the center part of your retna are "worn" and proly have some macular degeneration , the instant you try and square up on one ...he's gone .

Of course he's not really gone you just can't register him any more due to looking straight at him .

So that's the trick to watching them , the longer you can manage to "see" them at the periphery the more of them you'll see .
Like at night go out look up no stars , but once your eyes adjust you see lots of them . It can be a hoot ! They can't sing for sh#t though .

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top