Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2006 1:29:36 AM EDT
Yeah, so I'm getting in on the "guilt PETA/liberals into sending me money" bandwagon, in the same vein as the guy who threatened to kill and eat a rabbit if he didn't get a certain amount of money.

In my case, however, I've decided to auction off my hunting for this year. For every $100 I receive, I will spare one animal's life. I'll start with the intent to shoot and eat ten animals this season, meaning that in order for me to completely forego hunting I must receive a minimum of $1,000. Since I have exactly thirty-two cents in my pocket, mostly thanks to a quarter I bummed off a friend, I figure this is worth a shot.

To make it more interesting, I will allow people who DO want me to hunt to bid as well. This also increases my chances of receiving money just to piss off the tree huggers. For every $100 I receive, I will shoot one animal, with no maximum limit, meaning they can ADD to the ten animals I intend to shoot. The winner gets to decide whether I hunt or not.

And of course, what a hippy doesn't know can't hurt him.

I registered an ebay account today, but unfortunately I can't sell anything yet. I have all the information they need (debit card, bank account, etc.) EXCEPT for some bank number that would appear on my checks if I had any checks.

Wait- I just tried making a selling account again and now it's letting me do that without that number. WTF?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:31:54 AM EDT
[#1]
you know, I might do this too. tell me if it works out!

no. serously IM me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:43:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll link to the auction once it's up. As soon as I figure out if I have a paypal account or not (I didn't sign up for one specifically, but I don't know if registering with ebay automatically gets me one or not) I'll put it up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:50:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Crap. I can't register my bank account with paypal at the moment. I don't have the routing number still.

I guess I'll accept money orders only then?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:52:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Taking someone's money while lying to them is not a classy move, IMO.  Even if they are libs.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:59:08 AM EDT
[#5]
The auction

I hope I actually make some money off of this, because otherwise I was just charged three bucks to put the auction up for nothing.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:59:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Taking someone's money while lying to them is not a classy move, IMO.  Even if they are libs.

Point. And I'd feel bad about doing it too.

ETA: Ya know what, my better instinct is telling me not to go through with this. Likely my auction will be removed anyway. If I take it down now, am I still going to be billed three bucks or will they not charge me?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:05:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Auction was ended. Hopefully I still have my three bucks, 'cause it's all I've got in my account.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:06:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Dude if you will follow thru run with it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:09:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Nah, I already took it down. Feel free to make your own attempt and let me know how it goes though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:32:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, I already took it down. Feel free to make your own attempt and let me know how it goes though.

can i use you text?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:37:28 AM EDT
[#11]
BRILLIANT!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

can i use you text?

Only if I get 60% of all profits.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Make it a one day auction, they shut the last one down. Or maybe use but it now for 100.00 a pop.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#14]
WHISKEYT TANGO FOXTROT.

I may be slightly Drinzunk but thios thread made nosense to me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Your awesome, wish i came up with the idea. It took me a long time to get a membership.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#16]
auction ended.  WT?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:16:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I would put PETA and "animals" in the subject line.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#18]
been done 3 or 4 times on ebay already

heck i think the links were posted here
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Sheeeeit!  I'll mail you the three bucks if you still want to do it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Make it a one day auction, they shut the last one down. Or maybe use but it now for 100.00 a pop.

I shut the last one down.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I shut the last one down.

There was one a couple months back, went up to a few hundred dollars IIFC, Ebay shut it down.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#22]
IIRC, someone sold a kick in the ass on Ebay, or at least tried. I don't know what happened, but I saw the ad.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 11:14:27 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yeah, so I'm getting in on the "guilt PETA/liberals into sending me money" bandwagon, in the same vein as the guy who threatened to kill and eat a rabbit if he didn't get a certain amount of money.

In my case, however, I've decided to auction off my hunting for this year. For every $100 I receive, I will spare one animal's life. I'll start with the intent to shoot and eat ten animals this season, meaning that in order for me to completely forego hunting I must receive a minimum of $1,000. Since I have exactly thirty-two cents in my pocket, mostly thanks to a quarter I bummed off a friend, I figure this is worth a shot.

To make it more interesting, I will allow people who DO want me to hunt to bid as well. This also increases my chances of receiving money just to piss off the tree huggers. For every $100 I receive, I will shoot one animal, with no maximum limit, meaning they can ADD to the ten animals I intend to shoot. The winner gets to decide whether I hunt or not.

I registered an ebay account today, but unfortunately I can't sell anything yet. I have all the information they need (debit card, bank account, etc.) EXCEPT for some bank number that would appear on my checks if I had any checks.

Wait- I just tried making a selling account again and now it's letting me do that without that number. WTF?

This is pretty damn brilliant if you ask me.
Good luck with it....I could see this making the news.
Try engaging PETA directly and let them know about it.
May also want to get some big hunter supply place as a corporate sponsor.

I can just see it now......Cabelas vs PETA......and you get all the money!

Seriously.....good idea!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd go through with it, but the problem is... I really, REALLY enjoy hunting. I don't think I could be honest about the auction and actually refrain from hunting if a tree-hugger won, and despite my name, I'm anything but dishonest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top