Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/26/2006 6:16:27 PM EDT
Trying to find details. Happened down here today.

Seems 5 kids age 9-12 held an 11 year old girl down on a bus, covering her mouth, and sexually molested her.

Great idea having "alternative school" kids in with the normal kids. Really improves things.

Found It. A few corrections, she was 14 not 11, and the boys were 11-14.

http://www.nbc6.net/news/10172752/detail.html

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. -- Five Broward County students have been arrested and charged with attacking a 14-year-old girl on a school bus.

Police said the incident happened on board a Broward County school bus in mid-September.

The students attended Lanier James Education Center, an alternative school in Hallandale Beach, and were on their way to school when the boys attacked the girl, police said.

"It was an extremely frightening incident for this young lady," said Hollywood police Capt. Tony Rode.

Police said the teen was held down and molested by several boys.

"One boy ends up jumping on this lone female on the bus. He is quickly joined by a second young boy and then a total of three additional," Rode said. "So we have five offenders."

The boys, between the ages of 11 and 14, face charges of lewd and lascivious molestation.

"Two of the five will ultimately be charged with false imprisonment because they hold her down, she begins to fight and struggle and scream. They cover her mouth so she can't be heard," Rode said.

Lanier James Education Center is under 24-hour surveillance, and police said cameras were rolling on the bus when the attack happened. Police released the video on Friday, calling it "disturbing."

Meanwhile, parents said they are upset because neither the school bus driver nor any of the students on board the bus tried to stop the attack.

"It's a sad tragedy that kids are not protected while they're on the bus," said Sarah Thomas, a concerned parent. "I think it's absurd that you have a bus driver that's driving and hears this commotion and chooses to ignore it."

"He's the only one that could answer that. I don't know how you can allow a disruption like that and then keep driving with that kind of a disruption going on in the back," said Keith Bromery, a spokesman for Broward County Schools.

A representative of the school board said the bus driver was fairly new to the job and that an investigation is under way. The driver resigned.

The school district's director of transportation reminded drivers that if an incident such as this happens, they should stop the bus, intervene and call for help.

The students arrested are facing expulsion.

Video of attack at link:

http://cbs4.com/local/local_story_300224538.html
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Goddamnit.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Does "alternative" mean retard or juvenille delinquint?
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm leaning towards Juvenille Delinquents.  And if I'm right, they should hang whoever came up with that bright idea.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Both most of the time.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#5]
What the fuck!? If I was the parent of the girl I honestly don't think I would have any problem causing serious physical harm to the boys. That is so wrong. To bad for the girl she will be scarred for the rest of her life now.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#6]
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSS, repeat as needed.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Both most of the time.

+1

No child has "criminal tendencies", they have a "medical condition."
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm leaning towards Juvenille Delinquents.  And if I'm right, they should hang whoever came up with that bright idea.

SOP

"magnet program" means your normal child goes to the bad school and is in population with the delinquents.

Otherwise the bad kids go to your kids school so that nobody will be stigmatized.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#9]
DHIC;GCTSFTCA.*
De-nut, Hamstring, Issue Cart; Give Cigarettes To Sell For Thirty Cents Apiece.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

In my town the 'alternative school" is full of hippy type kids who supposidly don't work well in a traditional classroom environment. They have loosely structured classes, do community service and even get class credit for attending protests and demonstrations. The classwork I have seen from a handful of "scholars" at that school is horrible...but of course the place is the darling of all the "brilliant" people.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:10:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a 12 y/o old daughter and the thought of 5 ass wipes doing this to her makes me think of things that will land me life in prison.
Or at least several years probation.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:11:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Where was the bus driver when this was occuring?
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Animals.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In my town the 'alternative school" is full of hippy type kids who supposidly don't work well in a traditional classroom environment. They have loosely structured classes, do community service and even get class credit for attending protests and demonstrations. The classwork I have seen from a handful of "scholars" at that school is horrible...but of course the place is the darling of all the "brilliant" people.
The kids at the alternative schools here are in for assaulting kids like that. They also land there for carrying weapons, gang recruiting, drug dealing, and all kinds of other shit.

You will probably never see a kid with a future in an alternative school here.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Handing out condoms.

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I work in a classroom with 22 10-year-olds... based on current law up here, you would have no idea what kind of danger they are put in on a regular basis.  

Special Education students are legally required to spend the majority of their time (80%) in "regular education classrooms" if possible.

So, what we have is 20 "normal" kids (pardon the phrase), a drooler, and a 260 pound boy with an IQ of 60.  He can literally crush these other kids.

And forget "learning"... kind of hard to get through the material with kids that make Forrest Gump look like Einstein running around you...

That 260 pounder complained when I have him single digit addition problems to do.  "None of the other kids work this hard!"

You dumb, fat fuck!  They're multiplying fractions!  Go to sleep.

Your kids are not safe at school... between the thugs, tards, and diseases, there is a significant chance of something bad happening.

The story about the thugs on the bus hurting that girl is sickening... but not surprising.  I god-damn-guarantee you that they will be back in some kind of public school within one year.

- BG

(Can you tell how my day was?)
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Driving the bus.

And donst be bothering Shaniqia with your stupidness. She gots to be driving the bus. She don't get paid to deal with your dumbass nohow.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

My guess would be driving the bus.    It is impossible for a bus driver to watch the students 100% of the time.  They must also watch the road,  this is why they are called the Bus Driver

Was this entirely the bus drivers fault? NO
Could the bus driver stopped this from happening? Maybe
Could the school/parents do anything to prevent further things like this from happening(1 bus driver, 1 person to "watch the students") ?  YES
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:30:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell me this is a joke, before I have no choice but to "hoist the black flag", as Mencken put it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My guess would be driving the bus.    It is impossible for a bus driver to watch the students 100% of the time.  They must also watch the road,  this is why they are called the Bus Driver

Could the school/parents do anything to prevent further things like this from happening(1 bus driver, 1 person to "watch the students") ?  YES

Drivers can't be on top of everything... particularly if there is little or no sound.

Also, 99% of the school districts in the country cannot afford to pay people to "watch" the kids on the bus.  School budgets are tight.  I am yet to run into anyone who claims that their district has money just lying around.

- BG
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell me this is a joke, before I have no choice but to "hoist the black flag", as Mencken put it.

He's not joking. Although they generally are called "progressive" environments rather than "alternative."
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:35:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I have a 12 y/o old daughter and the thought of 5 ass wipes doing this to her makes me think of things that will land me life in prison.

Take your time and get the proper training.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Try them as adults.
Too bad you can't execute for sex crimes.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:38:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Drivers can't be on top of everything... particularly if there is little or no sound.

Also, 99% of the school districts in the country cannot afford to pay people to "watch" the kids on the bus.  School budgets are tight.  I am yet to run into anyone who claims that their district has money just lying around.

- BG

Voulenteer????  just a thought.  Id bet that most people would be to lazy/"busy" to though.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Thank god I graduated before this shit
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#26]
The turds might do this at a regular school.  

A 'special ed' classroom, at a regular school, will typically have 14 to 20 really bad human beings in it.  Kids can't be placed in special ed just because they are dumb.  No, it is reserved for people who are intentionally evil.

Girls might be involved in doing this to her, they might have instigated it.

The parents are afraid to discipline their kid after the kid calls 911 on them and makes up lies about abuse...several times.  The other kids coach them on doing this.  Hell, the liberal-turd social workers coach them on how to do this.  Child Protective Services type programs are used by the kids as weapons against their parents.  

The parents parent would tell us that discipline is our problem, not theirs.  They don't want to get 911 called on them.  "I can't do anything with her, she'll call 911 on me" was a typical response.

Many of these 'kids' start doing sex at 9 or 10.  Including girls having trains pulled on them.

The school I'm describing is in a middle of the road socio-economic, minority population school.  There are far worse, lower socio-economic, regular schools.  Alternative school is far, far below the school I have described.  

It is way worse than you can imagine unless you have been there.

Federal, liberal court decisions declared education to be a 'right' not a privilege.  Therefore the very worst have a 'right' to be there, no matter how badly behaved they are.  Those who want to learn have rights that are very inferior to the vastly superior rights of the truly bad 'human beings'.

It's typical democrat:  The good are bad, the bad are good, right is wrong and wrong is right.  It's just liberal counter-culture philosophy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I work in a classroom with 22 10-year-olds... based on current law up here, you would have no idea what kind of danger they are put in on a regular basis.  

Special Education students are legally required to spend the majority of their time (80%) in "regular education classrooms" if possible.

So, what we have is 20 "normal" kids (pardon the phrase), a drooler, and a 260 pound boy with an IQ of 60.  He can literally crush these other kids.

And forget "learning"... kind of hard to get through the material with kids that make Forrest Gump look like Einstein running around you...

That 260 pounder complained when I have him single digit addition problems to do.  "None of the other kids work this hard!"

Your kids are not safe at school... between the thugs, tards, and diseases, there is a significant chance of something bad happening.

The story about the thugs on the bus hurting that girl is sickening... but not surprising.  I god-damn-guarantee you that they will be back in some kind of public school within one year.

- BG

Maybe it's time for you to find a new line of work.

My oldest son has Down syndrome, and the fear I have of how cruel his fellow students will be to him when he starts school pales in comparison to how cruel the adults will be.

If any teacher tries to treat my son like you are treating your kids, I will SSS.

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

My oldest son has Down syndrome, and the fear I have of how cruel his fellow students will be to him when he starts school pales in comparison to how cruel the adults will be.

If any teacher tries to treat my son like you are treating your kids, I will SSS.

Seriously, and I don't mean to insult you, but if your kids has "special needs" why should he be in a regular public school with other kids?

Your kid for all I know is a wonderfully adjusted individual, but I wouldn't want my kids classes slowed down to his level simply because he has Downs Syndrome. There needs to be special schools for kids like that (the stigma will be there no matter where they go to school).
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

Your oldest son belongs in a class with a teacher who can give him the attention he needs, not in a regular classroom, where his presence will be a detriment to all including himself. This is the point that is being made here. Nothing about being mean to him. Just that his place isn't in the schools genpop.

(ETA Steyr types faster than me )
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#30]
NIIIICE
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Fivespeed, steyraug, buccguy, etc etc etc:

None of you have a clue about what you are talking about.

Educate yourselves, because at this point you are only embarrassing yourselves.

A child with Down syndrome has the potential to do anything that any other child can do.  It may or may not take longer.  It may or may not happen sooner.

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:56:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

A child with Down syndrome has the potential to do anything that any other child can do.  It may or may not take longer.  It may or may not happen sooner.

Potential indeed, that is why steyr admitted he didn't know your son.
As for me, 5 years at a grocery store. I have become embittered by the downs syndrome baggers who can't even grasp the concept of EGGS ON TOP. You know your son far better than any of us do, if you think he can do it, more power to both of you. I wish him the best of luck and hope nothing more than for his success.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:03:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As for me, 5 years at a grocery store. I have become embittered by the downs syndrome baggers who can't even grasp the concept of EGGS ON TOP. You know your son far better than any of us do, if you think he can do it, more power to both of you. I wish him the best of luck and hope nothing more than for his success.

I've got to say, your reply caught me off guard.

Now I'm all revved up and nobody to fight.

I will not let anyone, myself and my son included, EVER use the fact that he has Down syndrome to hold him back.  

Of course, if he is holding others back I will not let that happen either, but I know my son and I know what he is capable of.  All I ask is that you (collective YOU, not you specifically fivespeed) give him the chance to show you what he is capable of.   He might just surprise you.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

All I did was ask a question. I didn't say anything about your kid. I was even polite about it.

But if he isn't able to keep up with the class, he shouldn't be there. If he can, obviously it won't be an issue. I'd like to address your attention to the word "if" which I used. It's a clue.

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

Having the government force your child to be in a classroom in which he cannot receive the attention that he needs is wrong.  It is also unfair for students with special needs to be put in a situation in which all they can be is a disruption.

In terms of kids making fun of special needs students, I am currently involved with some paperwork regarding getting a student suspended for mocking a special needs boy and making him cry.  That does not fly in my room.

A good portion of my day is spent turning away productive students in order to help with the special needs kids.  Regular Ed teachers are not prepared to deal with special needs kids... they are forced upon us.  They need and deserve Special Education teachers.

And, for the record, I have never made any kind of bad comment to a student.  I will allow myself, however, the opportunity to type what my mind was saying at the time on the internet.  The 260 pound drug baby gets on my nerves, I admit it.  Do I treat him poorly?  No.  

I love what I do and I intend to do it for a long time... but the way the laws are up here, the government is fking your kid, not the teachers.

And, FYI, if you heard the average teacher in the faculty lounge, you would pull your kid out of public school.  Special Ed kids get mocked all day, in private.  To their faces, you would think they were kings.  Be it out of love or fear of lawsuits, they are treated well.  

If you take away our ability to vent our frustration on the internet, one of us is going to explode in the classroom.  Teachers do snap and say things they shouldn't... and quickly find new professions following the lawsuit.

I am sorry that you took my comments personally.  Glad you're in IL and not CT.

- BG

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:15:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've got to say, your reply caught me off guard.

Now I'm all revved up and nobody to fight.

I will not let anyone, myself and my son included, EVER use the fact that he has Down syndrome to hold him back.  

Of course, if he is holding others back I will not let that happen either, but I know my son and I know what he is capable of.  All I ask is that you (collective YOU, not you specifically fivespeed) give him the chance to show you what he is capable of.   He might just surprise you.

School starts in under 7 hours, so I have to hit the bed.

Just remember that if your son has special (academic) needs, he will not get the best attention in a regular classroom setting.  He should, of course, be allowed to socialize by means of special activities (Art, Music, Gym classes), Lunch, and home-room.  I am not here to comment on your son's capabilities... DS is too varied in effect for me to even guess.  If he has special needs, however, the regular classroom is not the place for him for the entire day.

I'm pretty sure your son will be just fine.  The most successful special needs kids I've seen get as far as they do because of their parents... and you seem to be on the ball.

- BG
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#37]
My ex is a elementary school teacher and has 2 special-ed students.  One is allowed (per the principal) to get up and walk around the school whenever he wants to and the other has 3 desks where he can choose to sit.  Most of the time he will change desks during the middle of a lesson, often distracting everyone.  My ex can't properly teach her students, and she has no course of action to deal with the two kids causing all the distruptions. Yes, they are entitled to an education, but why should the other kids' educations have to suffer just to appease a few parents?
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:33:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
The turds might do this at a regular school.  

A 'special ed' classroom, at a regular school, will typically have 14 to 20 really bad human beings in it.  Kids can't be placed in special ed just because they are dumb.  No, it is reserved for people who are intentionally evil.

Girls might be involved in doing this to her, they might have instigated it.

The parents are afraid to discipline their kid after the kid calls 911 on them and makes up lies about abuse...several times.  The other kids coach them on doing this.  Hell, the liberal-turd social workers coach them on how to do this.  Child Protective Services type programs are used by the kids as weapons against their parents.  

The parents parent would tell us that discipline is our problem, not theirs.  They don't want to get 911 called on them.  "I can't do anything with her, she'll call 911 on me" was a typical response.

Many of these 'kids' start doing sex at 9 or 10.  Including girls having trains pulled on them.

The school I'm describing is in a middle of the road socio-economic, minority population school.  There are far worse, lower socio-economic, regular schools.  Alternative school is far, far below the school I have described.  

It is way worse than you can imagine unless you have been there.

Federal, liberal court decisions declared education to be a 'right' not a privilege.  Therefore the very worst have a 'right' to be there, no matter how badly behaved they are.  Those who want to learn have rights that are very inferior to the vastly superior rights of the truly bad 'human beings'.

It's typical democrat:  The good are bad, the bad are good, right is wrong and wrong is right.  It's just liberal counter-culture philosophy.

Where In Texas are you? My GF is close to obtaining her BS in Education
Now, A parent who is afraid of their child is NOT A PARENT...
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:40:31 PM EDT
[#39]
I swore I wouldnt get in this one... But here goes....

IMHO, if a kid can't keep up academically he needs to be taken out of the class, it hampers the rest of the kids and causes all sorts of things to go wrong.
No offense meant to any in this discussion but making every kid have to stop because one can't keep up is wrong.
It isnt about discrimination it is about learning, and the kids who can learn need to be given every opportunity to do so.
Those that can't keep up need to be in a seperate program that works for their needs.

Every kids deserves the dignity of a godd education without what these kids are going through.
The kids end up paying because the adults won't accept reality.

Just my opinion.

ETA: let me go back to what the thread was originally about.
Kids who rape need to be tried as adults, the seriousness of this crime needs to stay on their record for life, and not be earased when they turn 18.
If I had my way I would lock them and all sex offenders for life.
Or shoot em but there is no death penalty yet for sex crimes.
Those "kids" are animals and need to be in a cage where they belong.

My heart goes out to the little girl who was the victim here.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Take your time and get the proper training.

What are you  talking about ?
Training in what ?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

20 years ago when I was in alternative school it was for being a delinquint. The last step before being expelled.

About half of the kids in alternative school would be called "deet-de-dees" by Carlos Mencia.

So... GET BOTH!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:30:51 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Both most of the time.

+1

No child has "criminal tendencies", they have a "medical condition."

And they should have an abnormally high lead content resulting from the consequences of this incident.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck what a way to build a society.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:41:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#45]
I teach full-time at an Alternative School.  The students are watched at all times.  The classes are tightly structured.  I have four classes of kids each day.  Each class is 1.5 hours long.  They sit down and begin working the moment they enter my room.

As many as half of my students are ED (emotionally disturbed) or LD (learning disabled).  I have to modify lessons for them.  All of them are here because of behavioral problems.  Maybe they brought pot to school or maybe they are a constant class disruption.  The higher level performers do their time and go back to their regular school.  The lower level ones are constant challenges.

I love my work but it isn't easy.  

Alternative schools exist because it is the law.  Also, it's about the money.  Students in class mean money to the district.  It is called the Average Daily Attendence and it determines how much tax money flows back to the district.

We make money taking in kids from other districts.

If we kick them out, they will cost more in crime, illegitimate births, and general health costs than if we try to teach them at Alternative.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:43:59 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

It can mean both.

I have seen lots of violent kids defined as having a "learning disorder", which places them in the "poor little guy!" category when they really ought to be getting traded for cigarettes in prison.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:46:07 AM EDT
[#47]
My wife is a special ed teacher, and she works in an "at risk" school / demographic.

I could tell you guys stories that would cause you to go commit serious felonies.  It is simply amazing how fucked up our education system is.  And the teachers are forced to go along with the total lunacy, under the guise of the Americans With Disabilities Act.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Driving the bus.

And donst be bothering Shaniqia with your stupidness. She gots to be driving the bus. She don't get paid to deal with your dumbass nohow.

And even if the bus driver DID try to do something about it....

What could they do?

Legally, nothing. Adults at schools aren't allowed to hit kids by school policies or by law, meaning that they risk their personal future if they take any action to stop a problem...no matter how badly that action is needed.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
My wife is a special ed teacher, and she works in an "at risk" school / demographic.

I could tell you guys stories that would cause you to go commit serious felonies.  It is simply amazing how fucked up our education system is.  And the teachers are forced to go along with the total lunacy, under the guise of the Americans With Disabilities Act.

"No child left behind!!"

Let's face facts, folks: Some kids NEED to be left behind.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top