Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2001 4:32:34 AM EDT
Was told yesterday afternoon after a good buddy went to buy a SKS that the gun shop owner asked $450 for it and $1100 for post ban bushy

Also K-Mart says that because they feel retaliatory attacks on our Muslim citizens they are taking all guns and ammo off the shelves, sports authority to follow, don't know if wal-mart is.

This sucks, right when gun prices are on their way down they just go right through the roof.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:38:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Gouging bastards.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:48:05 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orl-locguns12091201sep12.story?coll=orl%2Dhome%2Dheadlines[/url]

Lets hope that this tragedy may help us show Americans that an armed America is a STRONG and SAFE America

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:48:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't feel a lot of sympathy for people who haven't already supplied themselves with firearms and ammunition.

Maybe it's because of where I live, the fact that I remember the Los Angeles Riots, etc.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:56:58 AM EDT
[#4]
[b]And[/b] as well armed as we are here in the United States, note that there has been no kind of violence, yet, from any of these armed folks!

These kinds of stories must be giving Sarah Brady the 'runs.'

Eric The(BuyNow,OrPayLater)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:02:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I was at the fun store yesterday and noticed no changes.

I'm meeting a buddy in a little bit, that is after some more ammo and are going to hit several shops. Will report back on if any gouging is going on.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:08:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Stopped by my local dealer yesterday and bought three pounds of powder. I saw a lot of people buying ammo and shotguns. The dealer had not raised his prices a dime.

An honest guy and a good friend. He did have a pre-ban colt on consignment sale for $1500 (price set by the owner of the rifle not the dealer). I asked the dealer about the price, he said "way high... won't sell for that price". Looked good on the wall though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:09:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I too was at the gun store yesterday, and did not notice any measurable changes in firearms prices.

Paid about $5 a box for .223 and for .308. LOTS OF IT  [:D]

There are people EVERYWHERE who would liek to exploit this tragedy, whether they be gas station owners, or gun shop owners.

A warning for them - we don't take kindly to opportunists of tragedies.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:10:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh yeah, I saw one guy come in and say:

"I'll take that shotgun"
"Now, I know that the ammo for the gun has a plastic part and a metal part. Which way does the ammo go into the gun???" and "How do you load it?"
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

"I'll take that shotgun"
"Now, I know that the ammo for the gun has a plastic part and a metal part. Which way does the ammo go into the gun???" and "How do you load it?"
View Quote

Even the uneducated have the right to defend themselves. I hope he finds out how to operate it correctly.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:32:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't feel a lot of sympathy for people who haven't already supplied themselves with firearms and ammunition.

View Quote

Exactly. But, I also don't understand why people are acting like this is WWIII. We still don't have all the facts about the situation. The media is creating a mass hysteria.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#11]
In light of all of this, we ordered 6 more AR's...  and dropped the price by $165ea!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly. But, I also don't understand why people are acting like this is WWIII. We still don't have all the facts about the situation. The media is creating a mass hysteria.
View Quote

You will understand better soon.  We are moving quickly to a war footing.  Just the sight of what happened in New York is more than enough to "create hysteria".  It is time for hysteria.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:45:36 AM EDT
[#13]
No price jacking so far.. I'll wait til this weekend to see though..  That'll tell me  with whom to no longer deal with..

Meplat
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:55:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

"I'll take that shotgun"
View Quote

Hopefully he got the gun safety speach from the store owner and a warm welcome to the Second Amendment side.

From what I saw yesterday, one local sporting goods store stopped selling guns, but continued to sell ammo.  The other large local sporting goods store was doing business as usual, but there were no people buying guns.  Pistol ammo was plentiful, but they had very little .223, which is uncharacteristic of them.  I found 10 boxes of winchester white box 5.56mm in the wrong bin and paid the normal $3.99 for 20 rounds.  The place had raised their price on .40S&W a month ago, so I went to the gun show by my house that still has a decent price.  

There were no more people than normal there purchasing guns or ammo, and actually there were less people.  Prices were normal as well.  However, all their cheap .40S&W was gone, so I paid $11.99 per box of 50 rounds of Winchester white box .40S&W.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Most Gun Dealers (Local Gun Shops) will not raise their prices. These are good people and most are honest. As for the $450 for an SKS, the guy was Crazy. I know a few shops that gouge people everyday regardless. My local Gunshop (Al's in Pace, FL) had SKS's for $179 (Basic SKS) to $269 (Detachable 30 Rd.) I bought the $179 SKS. I went to the range and sighted it in today. Damn it's accurate. 10/11 Ameican Bullets hit their mark at 100 Yards. I think my first round missed, because I wasn't prepared for the kick (compared to an AR-15.) With Cheap Russian Ammo. I hit 8/10 on my target with 3 on the mark. 5 landed in a group to the left of my aim point. Guess it's just a matter of ammo. choice (I.E. $8 as compared to $3 for a box.)
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Kmart had already started pulling ammunition and paraphernalia from their shelves for the last month or so as I understand from the other forums. This was supported by an employee several weeks ago when I wondered around looking for pistol ammunition for a back up weapon. At least this is what happened in the SE US.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 9:26:55 AM EDT
[#17]

You will understand better soon.  We are moving quickly to a war footing.  Just the sight of what happened in New York is more than enough to "create hysteria".  It is time for hysteria.
View Quote

War against???? All this hysteria just feeds the egos of those responsible. I won't buy into it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#18]
i guess the reason theres no price gougibg in az yet is becouse we all most all already have guns
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Back from the "Fun Store" trip.

Didn't see anyprice jumps on guns or ammo in the stores.

One store employee, did say he called a Distributer, to order more ammo and the price was up. He didn't order any, said he's sure that it will come back down in a little while.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Paid about $5 a box for .223 and for .308. LOTS OF IT  [:D]

View Quote

Garandman,

Why are you paying so much for ammo?

Go here [url]www.aimsurplus.com[/url]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:50:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Why are you paying so much for ammo?

Go here [url]www.aimsurplus.com[/url]
View Quote

Or go here... http://www.natchezss.com/

Richardson
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:51:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

"I'll take that shotgun"
View Quote

When you hear this, run for your life!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
These kinds of stories must be giving Sarah Brady the 'runs.'
View Quote

Isn't she dead yet?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top