Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2001 4:27:00 AM EDT
Wasnt sure if this was posted yet-
on the news last night -i think NBC  they reported that Kfart had just pulled all of its guns and ammo in response to the attack.  Even the commentator said he was not sure how they decided on that.  

I would suggest we all write kmart with our "displeasure"

I KNOW I personally will never spend another cent there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:32:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I shop at Wal-Mart instead. That'll teach them :)
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:34:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Walmart has removed all guns and ammo too.  Sports Authority to follow.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:51:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Well this is all the more reason to support your local firearms shop, I was there last night to pick up a few things, and as always he was there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:19:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I fully support K-Mart in their decision.  It's thinking like that that allowed the passengers and flight crew to be entirely at the mercy of a handful of suicidal bullies brandishing knives yesterday.  Good thing none of them were injured by those dangerous firearms.  Oh wait - they're all dead now.

Maybe K-Mart could reconsider their policy not to allow their fellow citizens to arm themselves, in light of the situation that could conceivably escalate to a state of war.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:24:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Not in my local (959) W*M. My wife's management with them (SuperCenter), I'll give you the real poop later. She was off yesterday, and back in running the show today.

Kurt/KKF
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:26:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Domestic terrorism=
1. Gas gouging
2. stores that try to 'help' the world be a better place by doing things like kmart
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:11:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Finally got back to this thread. It's been one heck of a week! Although some W*M's pulled guns, it was a local decision. My wife was off that day, and the guy in charge pulled them. This would NOT have happened had my wife been there that day! Corporate (Bentonville) did NOT issue this memo. I just wanted to clarify this issue.

Kurt/KKF
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:15:23 AM EDT
[#8]
They need to pull the box cutters, not the guns and ammo. I am reloading about 200 rnds a night. So I dont need Kmart....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top