Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2006 2:53:05 PM EDT
That's right. War's over.

It's all over, we're all cozy now with the Chi-Coms. We are their biggest customers and they'd never try to hurt us because that would hurt their business. In other words.... if they F'ed with us it would put their business in "The Red."

We can all sleep easily now.

Comments anyone?
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

It's all over, we're all cozy now with the Chi-Coms. We are their biggest customers and they'd never try to hurt us because that would hurt their business. In other words.... if they F'ed with us it would put their business in "The Red."

Comments anyone?

your correct! China is our friend.

are you really the son of a China Sailor? are you half Chinese?
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Comments anyone?

your correct! China is our friend.

are you really the son of a China Sailor? are you half Chinese?

Yes I am Bill.

When I was a kid in the 50s we were all arguing about who's dad did what and what a hero they were. I said: "Yeah? Well, so what? My dad was a China Sailor!" Then one of the kids says: "You liar! I've seen your dad and he ain't no Chin_!"

I told my dad about it and he said: "Why does that surprise you? Half the navy has never heard of a China Sailor."
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 9:40:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Comments anyone?

I don't trust China. Who wrote the book on strategic thinking?
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 10:47:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Comments anyone?

I don't trust China. Who wrote the book on strategic thinking?

I posted this because of an article I read today. It claimed we need not fear China. No business would harm it's best customer.

I'm thinking a China lobby writer must have written it too! What a bunch of hooey. They're just getting us where they want us.

Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 10:50:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Keep your friends close....

and your enemies closer.
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I posted this because of an article I read today. It claimed we need not fear China. No business would harm it's best customer.

I'm thinking a China lobby writer must have written it too! What a bunch of hooey. They're just getting us where they want us.

Your thoughts?

I concur. What better way to potentially weaken us than to get our economy to rely so heavily on theirs that we nosedive if they pull the teat away. Why the huge build up in their military? What's going on in their minds WRT to Taiwan? Etc.
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 10:59:59 PM EDT
[#7]
China has been holding joint military exercises with Russia, China has also been supplying Islam Jihadists to aid in the war against the west.

China is not a 3rd world nation with no technology, between Clinton and Bush and then Israeli's selling adavnced tech to China, they have more capabilities than the arrogant by ignorance could imagine.
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 11:09:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
China has been holding joint military exercises with Russia, China has also been supplying Islam Jihadists to aid in the war against the west.

China is not a 3rd world nation with no technology, between Clinton and Bush and then Isreal selling adavnced tech to China, they have more capabilities than the arrogant by ignorance could imagine.

No joke? This is true? Well, those slimeball lowlifes!
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 4:23:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

China is not a 3rd world nation with no technology, between Clinton and Bush and then Isreal selling adavnced tech to China, they have more capabilities than the arrogant by ignorance could imagine.

Where is Isreal ? Is Isreal real ?
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 4:36:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By weptek91

Link Posted: 10/24/2006 5:01:33 AM EDT
[#11]

ReelVirginian-we apparently are the minority here.Below is a link to a thread I posted yesterday about China-I should have worded the title differently,but it is a chilling to read about how much they are increasing militarily-with our money .I pray we never have to fight China,but I think it will happen someday,and our children or grandchildren will wonder why we funded the enemy .

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=510499&page=1
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 6:51:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Loss of US exports would hurt them a lot, but their biggest trading partner(s) is comprised of the EU.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 6:54:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check a map sometime!
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Israel

Is catching one late night typo that big a deal for you ? is the typo more important than the real danger the American nation faces ?
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Comments anyone?

Well, what do you advocate doing?  Are you saying we should just start bombing them?  

What exactly is the problem, and what do you think we should realistically do about it?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 11:54:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/3/2006 12:02:48 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Comments anyone?

Um, yeah, we are their biggest customer.  If anything happens to us and our economy, theirs will tank as well.  And if they want to break us, it wouldn't require a single round fired.  They own a large portion of our debt.  If they decided to switch from dollars to Euros, we'd be done.  Our economy would be screwed so badly it wouldn't even be funny.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top