Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 11:35:16 PM EDT
Just off WABC radio:
Bin Laden is blaming the thing on American terrorists.

Really? I'm still waiting for the UN building to go up in flames.

The gall of that S.O.B.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:37:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually that's odd.  He's usually the first to take credit for his actions.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:42:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait a sec. A few weeks ago he announces that he
's going to do something big and when it seems he has he plays innocent?

This is like finding out your chocolate bars have been eatn and little Bin Laden has chocolate smeared all over his face. Sure the chocolate could be some other chocolate, but what are the chances of that?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:46:48 PM EDT
[#3]
prolly just subterfuge - make us pay a bit more if we decide to go after him.
Lots of ppl are warning about not jumping to conclusions, and some wackos on the radio and internet are already blaming domestic terrs.
Guess what these morons(the latter, not the former) will start spouting?
"Well Bin Laden says it was domestic terrorists!"

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:48:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wait a sec. A few weeks ago he announces that he
's going to do something big and when it seems he has he plays innocent?

This is like finding out your chocolate bars have been eatn and little Bin Laden has chocolate smeared all over his face. Sure the chocolate could be some other chocolate, but what are the chances of that?
View Quote

Just thought it was strange he didn't admit to it.  

I suppose an entire pissed off nation and 1000's of cruise missiles might make him have seconds thoughts though.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:52:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually Usama Bin Ladin, I believe, doesn't always take responsibility for his actions. And I notice, geek4guns, that you have consistently posted the belief that American terrorists would ONLY go after the UN and not do something like this. Don't be led by the media. I don't know what your education is on Terrorism in general, Mujahid Usama Bin Ladin, Islam, American Terrorists, etc., but you sound like you've got it all figured out. While I believe he ranks right up there on the list of suspects, there are others who could and would do this. Search around a little and you'll probably find out more than the press will tell you.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just thought it was strange he didn't admit to it.  

I suppose an entire pissed off nation and 1000's of cruise missiles might make him have seconds thoughts though.  

View Quote

Hmmm. Well I was thinking of just sending him up to his room without supper, but the thousands of cruise missiles thing sounds good too!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:02:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Actually Usama Bin Ladin, I believe, doesn't always take responsibility for his actions. And I notice, geek4guns, that you have consistently posted the belief that American terrorists would ONLY go after the UN and not do something like this. Don't be led by the media. I don't know what your education is on Terrorism in general, Mujahid Usama Bin Ladin, Islam, American Terrorists, etc., but you sound like you've got it all figured out. While I believe he ranks right up there on the list of suspects, there are others who could and would do this. Search around a little and you'll probably find out more than the press will tell you.
View Quote

I'm certain still open to other possibilities, and i'm aware of other organizations with the motive, but Bin Laden remains the primary suspect, especially with Sen. Hatch saying we intercepted cell calls between Bin Laden associates, and an associate of his fingered on one of the planes.

From my point of view, had it been Mcveigh on that plane, what would he have gone after - the World FINANCIAL center, a shining symbol of capitalism and american entrepreneurism, or the UN, butt of isolationist/nationalist/supremacist anger for years?

I use the UN building merely as a symbol for the type of pattern I'd expect from radical militia/separatist types, versus foreign extremist muslim types.

janes has an interesting article on it, by the way: [url]http://www.janes.com/security/international_security/news/jid/jid010911_1_n.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:19:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Kill him. Kill him now! The whole fuck'n lot of 'em!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:03:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes, Jane's sounds like every other news source, "We said it first!", "We knew it all along!", "Our sources were correct!". Jane's does put out good information, but, they have given the same old line, " No one else could have done this. Too sophisticated an attack.". I disagree. If you break it down into it's parts, each one could be accomplished by lesser individuals. It's the same old mentality that only an equally cunning, intelligent, super-than-mere-mortal force could deal such a heavy blow to the invincible United States of America. I Love my country! I know and have always known that terrorist acts can happen on our soil. I am well aware of the capability of the human mind. To say that the only "suicide-bomber" type personalities come from the Islamic world is ignorant. Some people are trying to simplify our enemies, possibly  because it's quicker and more satisfying to have a target for one's anger immediately. We've been right sometimes and wrong sometimes (Oklahoma City ring a bell?). I don't mind folks having Bin Ladin as their main suspect. But, I don't care for the way people enter into tunnel-vision about these events. The Intelligence Professionals are no doubt looking at every possible angle, as we should too. That is, at least until enough politicians (and Citizens) decide that things are moving too slow and make a decision that satifies them, right or wrong. Let us reach out and help those in need, & let us rally 'round the flag. But let us also have the patience to do a thorough job at figuring out who is responsible, and what we should do about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top