Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2001 7:11:44 PM EDT
i loaded all of my guns incase a dumbass tries to break into my house. i loaded all my shotguns with #2 shot,i loaded my 2 mausers with hydra-shok ammo.i also stuck in my 40 rounder in my ar-15 with hollow point .223.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't load them all, but I covered my bases.  I've gone on 24-7 carry(I didn't carry at work previously due to company policy-now I figure it is better to get fired than be dead). Loaded up one of my 12GA, and got the AK-74 ready to rock(sorry guys, the AR is at the gunsmith(FOR THE LAST FU*&#$G THREE WEEKS!!!!).

I honestly don't think the "stuff" is going to hit here, but it doesn't hurt to be ready.

Zane
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Hardly think your .223 would do much against a 737.  The dirtballs that attacked us today aren't the type to be squaring off with citizens face to face.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I also loaded every weapon I own.  It's not the planes I'm worried about.  There is very little I can do about that.  It's the idiots and crazy people that might try to come into my house that I am prepared to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not especially concerned about any of these terrorist actions directly affecting me.  But it does teach us it's important to be as prepared and ready as possible.

I spent tonight filling magazines and stripper clips and making sure all my firearms are in proper working order.  Not because I expect to go head to head with a terrorist, but because it's possible anything could happen in the future.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:21:10 PM EDT
[#5]
ALL I CAN SAY IS WHY---A LITTLE PARANOID ARE WE -----CALL YOUR DOCTOR FOR SOME PROZAC
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm not especially concerned about any of these terrorist actions directly affecting me.  But it does teach us it's important to be as prepared and ready as possible.

I spent tonight filling magazines and stripper clips and making sure all my firearms are in proper working order.  Not because I expect to go head to head with a terrorist, but because it's possible anything could happen in the future.

God Bless Texas
View Quote

I hear ya. I have the same sentiments.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know about everywhere else, but gas is supposed to be $4 a gallon tomorrow.  It is making people jumpy.  I thought I was going to see a riot break out at a gas station a couple hours ago.  I came home and took a few extra precautions too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#8]
This kind of talk is just what the terrorists want.  
 They want us huddling in our homes, clutching our weapons, and distrusting our fellow citizens.  The best thing we can all do is report for work as usual (at least as long as that doesn't interfere with rescue efforts in affected areas) and maintain good order and discipline.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I carried my SKS everywhere I drove today with a full clip and my 12 Gauge with a Full Tube. I'm keeping a #7.5 as my first round in my shotgun and the rest will be 1 Oz. Slugs. If the MF doesn't go down with the first blast, then a few 3/4" slugs oughta take 'em down. My SKS is more compact than my shotgun and is Semi-Automatic compared to Pump so it would be effective to lay down volleys of gunfire (if needed) and the shotgun will take 'em out.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#10]
no but i got a case of ammo under the bed and loaded mags ready to go
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#11]
5 hours ago I would of called you crazy,but after
seeing people in line for gas almost start a riot and over hearing a guy tell another what
would happen to the cops watching the gas
stations if thing went south I don't blame you
anymore.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Exactly.  In situations like this society breaks down.  Hell, even on ar15.com we've got people talking about burning down "towelhead's" store and various other acts of intimidation and terrorism. It's the same thinking that the terrorists had when they decided to slam planes full of innocent people into various buildings around the country this morning. Funny how we don't the see the fallacy in it. I'm all for the guilty people paying for what happened today. But until such time, taking it out on anyone we just assume is associated or responsible is cowardly and stupid.

In my neighborhood, gas is still at $1.39 for regular like it has been for the last two weeks, and people have been civil.

The gun range wasn't packed when I stopped by to get ammo, and they had plenty of it.  Fewer people were checking out guns to purchase than normal.  I've been keeping an ear on the police bands around me, as well as the local airport and everything is pretty low key.

So I'm not really worried about anything, but I am certainly prepared if anything were to happen.

God Bless Texas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top