Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 6:13:11 PM EDT
If we as a nation don't absolutely make some believers during our military response to today's terrorist (coward) acts I believe what we've seen today will be the tip of the iceberg. It will rally islamic fundamentalists worldwide (as we're already seeing). Personally, I believe a small scale nuclear response is quite possibly warranted due to the great loss of life we saw today. The fact that the attacks were carried out on US soil and included innocent civilians as well as our Capitol are very brazen. God bless America. Any opinions?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I am a student of the school of [i]Overkill[/i].

Yes. I agree.
Find out the facts, and punish them.  Hard.

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If we as a nation don't absolutely make some believers during our military response to today's terrorist (coward) acts I believe what we've seen today will be the tip of the iceberg. It will rally islamic fundamentalists worldwide (as we're already seeing). Personally, I believe a small scale nuclear response is quite possibly warranted due to the great loss of life we saw today. The fact that the attacks were carried out on US soil and included innocent civilians as well as our Capitol are very brazen. God bless America. Any opinions?
View Quote

Been saying that all day...[:D]  Two or three fusion weapons should do quite nicely to start.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:18:25 PM EDT
[#3]
we need to take our response way too far, then double it, maybe when enough people have died, we can break them. maybe flexing our nucular muscles would show them if you fuck with the US, you fuckin die.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Any use of nuclear weapons in response to this tragedy will be condemned in the strongest terms by the Green Party and the leadership of North Korea.

We can't risk it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I disagree with you.  A "limited" or "small scale" response is a terrible mistake.  A LARGE response is imperative.  Destroy Afganistan and Iraq NOW and then look for the rest of 'em.  A pussified response like the diplomats, politicians and news jerks want is just PC BSH** that will lead to repeats of this tragedy.

This is WAR and must be treated as such.  For 2400 at Pearl we dropped two "gadgets" on Japan. The moslems killed thousands and deserve no less.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Kill them all and let Allah sort them out, Go give blood.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Any use of nuclear weapons in response to this tragedy will be condemned in the strongest terms by the Green Party and the leadership of North Korea.

We can't risk it.
View Quote

[:D][:D][:D]

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Before This Date, I never would have agreed with this topic.  But today, my tune has changed.  I'm way too young to remember Pearl Harbor first hand... but today I understand.  The application of a tatical nuclear weapon to this situation is warranted... Its been FAR too long since the United States Of America has flexed its muscle.

Those Responsible Must Pay.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I believe the use of Nukes would be justified .

If it were my decision this is what I would do .

What did we do to the Japs after they bombed
pearl Harbor ?

But Don't rebuild their country afterward.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#10]

We can't risk it.
View Quote

WHO GIVES A S#!T what the Green Party and the frigging Commie Koreans think!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We can't risk it.
View Quote
[red]...are you related to Imbro and just "funin" us....[/red]If not go put your balls back on...the wife makes you leave them at the door when you come home right[?]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Micky Mouse,

A small scale Nuclear strike is not a small scale response, It is a large scale response. The first use of Nuclear Weapons since WWII will send a very large and clear message, which is, Fuck with the U.S.A. and go to your doom. And after that I don’t think we will have any more of these attacks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#13]
"I say we take off and nuke the sight from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure...."
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:58:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I disagree with you.  A "limited" or "small scale" response is a terrible mistake.  A LARGE response is imperative.  Destroy Afganistan and Iraq NOW and then look for the rest of 'em.  A pussified response like the diplomats, politicians and news jerks want is just PC BSH** that will lead to repeats of this tragedy.

This is WAR and must be treated as such.  For 2400 at Pearl we dropped two "gadgets" on Japan. The moslems killed thousands and deserve no less.
View Quote
 I like the way you think, mister.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am a student of the school of [i]Overkill[/i].

Yes. I agree.
Find out the facts, and punish them.  Hard.

View Quote

I agree 110%
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Micky Mouse,

A small scale Nuclear strike is not a small scale response, It is a large scale response. The first use of Nuclear Weapons since WWII will send a very large and clear message, which is, Fuck with the U.S.A. and go to your doom. And after that I don’t think we will have any more of these attacks.
View Quote

Thanks Sniper. You've clarified my point perfectly.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I wanna see the west bank, sudan, afghanistan, iran, and iraq all get some heavy retaliation.  Dresden and Hiroshima style, no need to discriminate.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:10:27 PM EDT
[#18]
If these bastards want to play with fire, lets let them. A one-megaton atomic air burst over Baghdad, Kabul, or Tehran should do nicely!

We need to take the gloves off right NOW, and remind the world who invented "weapons of mass destruction."

WORLD OPNION BE DAMNED!!!!!    [-!-]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#19]
You boys just hang on! I have a feeling that Dubya will drop the hammer of doom on these crazies as soon as he figures out just who the crazies are and where they are. It will hurt just as bad in a couple of days. That sly old dog is just getting his ducks in a row.I believe he will do us all proud when the time is right.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A one-megaton atomic air burst over Baghdad, Kabul, or Tehran should do nicely!
View Quote

My definition of small scale would probably include all of these. Don't forget the Syrians either.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#21]
It is either, "Afganistan, give him up to us dead or alive, or your primate country will be erased off the fucking map!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:38:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Smoke em...........
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:43:55 AM EDT
[#23]
I have been reading the replies, and see quite a bit of the idea of "go in there and wipe them out" mentality for the US reaction to this event.  Granted, I do see what occurred as an act of war, however, I feel that this could show the world something about us, that they might not like...that we can apply their laws/religions to acts they commit.

For instance, assuming that Bin Laden was responsible for this tragedy, imagine what the reaction of the Islamic faithful would be if we captured him, tried him in accordance to Islamic law, and sentenced him in accordance to Islamic law.

I am talking about the strict application of Islamic law as put out by the Koran, which these organizations claim gives them the right to wage jihad against Americans.  Which I feel is rather interesting, since the Koran clearly states that the taking of innocent life is hateful in Allah's eyes.  

By doing this, America could show that it will react (by going in and destroying his network), and perhaps even show the world the utter hypocrisy that these Islamic extremists have. Additionally, America would be able to let the groups that are upset about the treatment of this disgusting criminal was based upon THEIR religion, and was tried in accordance to THEIR laws which they claim to follow. Besides, a live television feed of the execution (which I believe is a beheading) would be nice to push out to the Middle East.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:46:01 AM EDT
[#24]
I agree with wiping the bastards from the map, but I fear that it may be part of the plan. This is like a big chess game and if they can get us to put our king in jeopardy( maybe illiciting a response from China or Russia) then they win. Patient determination will be our revenge. So we don't "sponsor" assasination, what we don't know won't hurt us.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:56:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have been reading the replies, and see quite a bit of the idea of "go in there and wipe them out" mentality for the US reaction to this event.  Granted, I do see what occurred as an act of war, however, I feel that this could show the world something about us, that they might not like...that we can apply their laws/religions to acts they commit.

For instance, assuming that Bin Laden was responsible for this tragedy, imagine what the reaction of the Islamic faithful would be if we captured him, tried him in accordance to Islamic law, and sentenced him in accordance to Islamic law.

I am talking about the strict application of Islamic law as put out by the Koran, which these organizations claim gives them the right to wage jihad against Americans.  Which I feel is rather interesting, since the Koran clearly states that the taking of innocent life is hateful in Allah's eyes.  

By doing this, America could show that it will react (by going in and destroying his network), and perhaps even show the world the utter hypocrisy that these Islamic extremists have. Additionally, America would be able to let the groups that are upset about the treatment of this disgusting criminal was based upon THEIR religion, and was tried in accordance to THEIR laws which they claim to follow. Besides, a live television feed of the execution (which I believe is a beheading) would be nice to push out to the Middle East.
View Quote

Two thoughts here. 1/ So we get this guy and the total for this exchange is terrorists 10000, US 1? 2/ It's time we quit the PC handling of crimminals of this type and behave like the world's only superpower. Terrorists and nations that harbor them should be held responsible! If they are they will quickly see the benefit of policing their ranks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:55:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Two thoughts here. 1/ So we get this guy and the total for this exchange is terrorists 10000, US 1? 2/ It's time we quit the PC handling of criminals of this type and behave like the world's only superpower. Terrorists and nations that harbor them should be held responsible! If they are they will quickly see the benefit of policing their ranks.
View Quote

I can understand that sort of feeling, and want to express that I doe believe that we should deal with the governments harboring such individuals as hostile countries in time of war.  But it also seems to me that it is the "grunt", the front line solider that bears the most in these situations.  It does seem to me that there are some individuals that are in control of these organizations, and cause these incidents to occur.  

Why not make an example out of the leaders?  Destroy his network and associates, in the war that they declared upon America, but most likely do not want once America decides to honor their declaration.  But also ensure that the individuals responsible for their followers actions are held responsible.  I think that it would be poetic justice to show the world that this individual, who claims that it is a "holy" right for him to slaughter innocents, is held to the beliefs he claims are so important to him, and found to be acting in direct defiance to his religion.  For that, he should be punished the way that the religion he has bastardized proscribes.

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:06:42 AM EDT
[#27]
WMitty, you have some good points. I would love to see those responsible brought to justice. I don't, however, think for one minute this would prevent future terrorist activity. IMO, we must react so harshly that no one ever contemplates this type activity again. This is the only thing these people understand. The price for their actions yesterday must be VERY high.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Here's my nuclear response assuming it's Bin Laden or other Middle East terrorists:  We launch one "small" (if there is such a thing) nuclear missle from one of our subs to an isolated area of Afghanistan or _____.  Then we send a message to the leaders of that country that they tell us where he is exactly or we will finish off the rest of the country with a mulit-warhead strike. We need to show the world that you don't try and kill 50,000+ Americans without the risk of losing EVERYTHING.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:33:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Nuke the shit out of 'em.  And if Bin Laden, or whateverhistowel is called, survives, draw and quarter the bastard.

Just my $.02.

ARnSC X  
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#30]
I think an appropriate response would be nuclear or invasion and occupation.  I think the country now has the will to fight a ground war...this is not about oil/gas anymore.  Wipe them out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I think an appropriate response would be nuclear or invasion and occupation.  I think the country now has the will to fight a ground war...this is not about oil/gas anymore.  Wipe them out.
View Quote

Use the nuclear response first.  Make it good
'nuff that invasion an occupation aren't
necessary.  (Sand and rocks and glass do a good job of keeping an eye on themselves.)

I pray GW will make Afganistan a glowing
wasteland, and I hope he does it soon before
tempers cool off.  Nobody in America will
be shocked and appalled if he lights them up
today or tomorrow.  If he waits - he might
loose the support of some who've been given
time for their anger to subside.  I'm hanging
on to mine until I see glass that used to be
desert sand, or blood flowing like a river in
the streets.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:22:54 AM EDT
[#32]
IMHO, the best response would be to give the Taliban a 24 hour warning to evacuate, then nuke Kabull.  Then tell them they have another 24 hours to hand over Bin Laden or we nuke another city, this one without warning.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
IMHO, the best response would be to give the Taliban a 24 hour warning to evacuate, then nuke Kabull.  Then tell them they have another 24 hours to hand over Bin Laden or we nuke another city, this one without warning.
View Quote

I like it, Rik.  But a part of me is afraid
we're dreaming about the fusion toys.....

In the absence of that, what could we do???
Look at all the conventional ordinance we
went through in the Gulf war.  We need to do
something more substantial than that,
especially with the threats of more suicide
attacks if we retaliate at all....
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:31:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Nope,
What the we (The US) should do is have a couple of SSBN's surface and with CNN recording launch a few ICBM's at XXXXXXXX. For the entire world to watch. Live.

Wipe them from the face of the earth. Leave nothing. Let their names only be remembered in the history books.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top