BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 3:54:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#1]
any unrest involving the mid east is always the excuse for immediate gouging
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank god I filled up on Saturday. I get 400 miles on a tank, so I'm set for a while.

P.S. Price jumped 10 cents in only an hour this morning. Not sure what it is now, though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, but in light of what just happened today, it is in extremely poor taste and bad business judgment to seek to profit on this day of all days!

Mark well the creeps that are doing this, they need to be repaid with a consequential loss of business in the future!

Eric The(BestServedCold)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#4]
as of a few hours ago drudge report reported 4.00 in kansas city a 5.00 in detroit.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Remember the stations that gouged, spread the word and boycott.  If the government really want to help its citizens they would go after the gougers from the top.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:15:52 PM EDT
[#6]
$4 a gallon in little rock about 3pm today.
fucking leeches.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#7]
The attorney general here in Missouri has been asking that people call his office and report any price gouging. Hopefully anybody involved with trying to make a buck on this will be dealt with as well.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#8]
short - I hope you're not suggesting the government artifically control the supply/demand of consumer goods for your comfort.  Their job is to provide for National Defense, common coinage, etc.  They are NOT here to make you comfortable, provide for your retirement, give you money if you're down on your luck, or control gas/electricity prices.  

If you don't like what someone is charging for something, don't buy it.  It's called Capitalism.  If you can't live without it, welcome to being dependent on someone/something.  Maybe I've misunderstood you.  We should not be looking to the government to solve our problems.  That's what got us into this mess.

Black Fox
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#9]
6.00 a gallon in Marysville,Ohio!!!!!!!!! Greedy corporate mother fuckers!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, and the idiots around here are flocking to the gas stations. Lining up in the streets. I already saw two accidents on the way home because of this idiocy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Let me guess - you guys are going to want the government to regulate the prices of pre-ban AR's too, huh?  This is ridiculous.  I'm truly amazed at the lack of understanding of the purpose of our government by people on this board (of all places).
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#12]
No, I'd just like to see the idiots quit flocking to the gas station at the least bit of trouble.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I didn't rush out to save a few bucks.

If the prices are long term, it wouldn't matter much anyways.

Can't wait to see what the gas prices are later though.  Probably $5.00 a gallon.

Greedy bastards!  Got us by the balls.

And ya, I'm gonna pay it alright!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:37:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Gas station down the street was closed by the local Police(by order of the State)for price gouging.  They were charging $4.99 a gallon !!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:58:55 PM EDT
[#15]
course I never understood how the gas at the stations (in their underground tanks)which they bought at $1 a gal can suddenly double in cost in a few hours. I could see it in a week if gas supplies were comprimised...BUT PUHLEAASE!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top