Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2001 3:27:40 PM EDT
Why can’t they put the same level of protection in an airplane flight deck as they use at the local 7-11?  Or even better, a pressure bulkhead between the flight deck and the passenger compartment.  If the passengers get squirrelly let the air out until they settle down.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:33:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I think platform mentioned something like this earlier - no access to the flight deck from the passenger compartment. A steel wall that doesn't allow entry. Separate pressurized sections.

Your suggestion should be followed. You can't hijack a plane if you're not conscious.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I think platform mentioned something like this earlier - no access to the flight deck from the passenger compartment. A steel wall that doesn't allow entry. Separate pressurized sections.

Your suggestion should be followed. You can't hijack a plane if you're not conscious.
View Quote

I agree, and bring back the air marshalls, but all this is too little, too late now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#3]
How about a little laughing gas in the cabin air.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top