Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2001 3:06:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad to hear about WaveRunner!  I was worrying about him.

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I am hear. A little shaken but none the less I made it home in 6 hours.
Had to evacuate the building I work in which is, by the way, the buiding that houses the oil and precious metals markets.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Got home an hour ago from 28th and Park in the city. LIRR is running just slow and steady. If you hear of anything for volunteers let me know. I live in Suffolk but go to the city everyday. [email protected]

Good luck and GOD bless
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Last report 200 NYC Fire Fighters missing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Last report 200 NYC Fire Fighters missing.
View Quote

It's up to 250 Fire Fighters and 200 Police Officers.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:56:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#10]
GoatBoy,

What part of western NY are you from?  If you are leaving for NYC can you give me the details, I might want to join you.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I’m highly pissed off, but my wife and I are physically well. We live in lower Westchester Co., so we got off light, but our hearts and prayers go out to all the victims.

God bless America.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Good to hear that FrankSquid and waverunner is ok. How about fattym4? I know he was in the city earlier and was getting out, but did he make it? Any posts after 2?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:41:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Am happy to hear that word came in about Waverunner and that he's okay.  Was thinking of both him and my daughter today.  Finally got through to my girl this evening (I'm in the NW) and it turns out that she was on her way into Manhattan via the Brooklyn Bridge on business when the second tower came down.  Gave thanks that she's safe.
W
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Glade to see so much of you NY'ers are ok! MAN THIS SHIT REALLY PISS'S ME OFF!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#16]
just got back in , was deployed with a heavy weapons team ( can't say where in the city)
Last saw Ronin45 around 10am he was deploying with ESU , hope he's ok

Thanks for the concern
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Glad to hear you yankees are checking in. [:)]  Seriously, all of you that I could remember were in my prayers.  I covered the rest with "and those I'm forgetting."

God bless you all.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone hear from Oneshot1kill?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:08:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Watching this thread closely, knowing that if members of the NYC area in EMS/PD and Firefighting are there they are still active in the disaster area.

If they contact anybody, be ready for their stories; their grief; their frustrations. Been involved in several major incidents, not on a scale like we've been seeing in NYC but I've seen some familiar looks in the eyes of the rescueworkers. Those eyes alone are enough to choke me.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:49:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Thank God you guys are okay. You and the ones still missing are in our prayers.

Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:17:21 AM EDT
[#21]
i live! i made it out, my family is accounted for, but many i know are not...yet. thanx to all for your concern, your prayers, Liberty, garandman, everyone. i need to keep looking, i'll be in the city for while after tom. - good luck to all, God Bless America!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:03:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Good Luck and God bless you all

Ranger Out
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:21:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:25:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Fretfire44 has relatives at the WTC
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:59:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 9:39:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I am checking in for Dominick(oneshot1kill), he called home from his cell phone yesterday, and i am on the phone with him right now. I am his wife, Amanda. Dominick is ok and he is with family in manhattan, but he still has not heard from four of his family members that lived and worked near the scene. Dominick asked me to write this since yesterday but it took me a while to figure this out. He is on the cell phone helping me get this message on the computer. He said that he is concerned about one of the guys called wave runner Ray and Shaggie from New York, he asked if I could find out if they are heard from yet. Thank you and we pray that everyone here is safe.
View Quote

Amanda - I'm glad to hear he's ok.  One the first page of this thread (click on the "1" at the top of the page), I was asking if anyone had heard from him, and I sent him an email last night to make sure he was ok.  Good to hear he's ok.  I pray his unaccounted for family and friends made it out ok.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 9:51:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Amanda,

I am relieved Dom is okay. Hang in there girl. Dominick's family and all NY'ers are in our prayers and thoughts these last couple of days.

If you ever have questions or want to talk we are here for you.

Take care.

God Bless you and yours
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Another one safe, hope his relatives are safe too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Waverunner,

Now you understand what I said to you once before, about that you are our hero in a time like this.  There is not a damn negative thing we can say about you.

Thank you for all you did.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#30]
I saw an interview on ABCNEWS yesterday of a man who was on the 59th floor of WTC 1 and walked out after the plane hit. He said that as he and everyone else in the building was running out, the [b]HEROES[/B] of the FDNY and NYPD were running in.

I'm speechless in admiration for these folks.

Freedom isn't free
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
[img]http://www.inetnow.net/~kudzukid/enlemblem.gif[/img][img]http://www.policescanner.com/nypdbadge.gif[/img]   [img]http://store2.yimg.com/I/nyfire_1644_242245[/img]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 10:47:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Just checking in to see how everyone is.  Glad to see a "sign-in" sheet.  I count myself as doubly fortunate, in being able to get my wife (and myself) out safely.  It was harrowing to be in midst of all that gypsum and seeing all the people wandering.  I only pray for all those people out there searching and waiting for "a call" from a loved one.  I have several friends that are Missing.  And I know of several LEOs that were out working, the one that I'm concerned about works in the 1st pct (by the WTC) and is always one to volunteer for the hazardous tasks.

I can't bring myself to finish my "re-read" of Debt of Honor.  I was just pages from completing it on my MetroNorth Ride "in" that same morning, and I haven't been able to touch it since.....
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#33]
GoatBoy,

Thanks for thumb tacking.

All you "yorkers" have been in our thoughts and prayers...especially you LEO types. ( I too am glad to hear about Waverunner )

I have relatives in the state, but not near NYC.

This has touched ALL of our lifes!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Still have'nt heard from John ( ronin45 )someone told me that he's in the Epi-center and is exhausted( he's been in their for 24 hrs.) but still alive . My squad is rotating into the epi-center for search and rescue ( gotta hang up the M4 ) I hope ther are no more collapses. Called my sister and gave her some instructions in case things go bad .

God Bless America

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:33:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:36:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Praise GOD...  Another brother accounted for!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Just got back from ground zero,,this morning. Been in the City since Tuesday,,30 hours first day, very little sleep,,wish I could tell you there was more live recoveries,,,but I did work up and bring to hospital,,a City Cop with active M.I.,,,fucked up the doors slamed on my ambulance I turned around and it was only me and the cop and his partner,,this was at approx. 2300hrs,,right after everyone took off from out in front of area at 1 Liberty Plaza,,and no it did not collapse..I'll try to post photos,,,someone please tell me how
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Anyone heard from Ronin45(john)?  I emailed him the other day wishing him the best and figured he would be in the middle of it all down there. Have not heard back yet.

[beer]

God bless everyone in the trenches!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#42]
I saw Ronin on the morning of the crash, about 1/2 hour after the first plane hit......Hope he's ok!!??

And yes, I think I have aged about 10 years in the past 4 days.  My eyes will never look at anything the same way.  I dont know if I will ever smile again.  The things I have seen at ground zero are truly horrific.  Cameras cant even begin to paint the picture of what happened there.

I need to goto sleep, I have slept about 7 or 8 hours total in the past 4 nights.  Last night I didnt sleep at all, not one minute...how could I?  I have to be back at work now about 3 hours and I havent slept yet, every day has been a 20-22 hour day.....God Bless All who died...... This just cant be put into words, it cant.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Goatboy,And all other well wishers,
 My cousin Eric has been found and is doing well. He was two blocks away fom ground zero. All he remembers is running and being hit by a fast moving wall of dust ,debris, and chunks of the WTC. The dust is what hurt him most. He is an asthmatic and it choked him down hard after wards. After a few transfers between hospitals and looking Wed, Thurs, and part of Fri, we found him. Broken leg, broken wrist,still breathing hard, and a whole bunch of cuts and bruises. He would like me to express his most heartfelt thanks to all the boys in blue and the volunteers that have been enduring this tragedy days after. His words, and I quote, "These are men and women of the utmost resolve, Without a care for themselves rushed in to save all those people.And they are still there trying to help find other survivors.  They are heroes in the very truest sense of the word"  To the rescue workers,Thank you for rescuing one of my family.My words cannot express how I feel at the moment. I am happy my cousin is alive, yet still feel angered at the whole incident.And I cannot express my sympathy the familys of those unfortunate souls who were lost in this senseless act of cowardice and violence. I just hope we make these people and anyone associated with them pay dearly.And I have to say, in the eyes of anyone who was/is there now, is a stare that literally chills you. People wont be the same.But we all will persevere. God bless you and yours, And God bless the USA!Ass kickin time is near.
Synweap223 Out!    
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 5:33:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Glad to hear that you are ok Dominick....................your wife is welcom always BTW.

Let us know about Ronin45 when you can.

God Bless you all and take extra special care.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:42:32 AM EDT
[#45]
My heartfelt sorrow to all the families on the "AR Team" or otherwise who have lost friends and loved ones. Also my genuine thanks to all those who risk their lives towards helping in the rescue efforts.
I am the US born & bred product of immigrant parents who came to the US (circa 1962)to acquire the American Dream - My family knows the value of freedom and the price that must be paid to keep that freedom from those who would rather see us a "Subjects" rather than "Citizens."
God Bless this country and the people that make up AMERICA.

Lets be level headed at home in this difficult time as tough as that may be right now.

BTW: "Hey A**holes from afar that attacked the U.S.A. BEHOLD THE RATH OF OUR ANGER AND RETRIBUTION FOR NO GOD CAN SAVE YOU FROM THE FATE YOU HAVE BROUGHT UPON YOURSELVES. In other words "SAHIB" you done "F@#*'d UP REAL BAD THIS TIME!

Watch your "6"
Specwar
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#46]
I have'nt been able to reach John ( Ronin45 ) but I heard he's ok .

The situation here is very tense , NYC is now an armed  camp , there are many check points , all river crossings and airports are on the highest alert and the Navy has the aircraft carrier Gearge Washington just outside the harbor with a Marine amphibious group at the ready .
In addition there are E2C Hawkeyes and F-14's and FA-18's flying CAP over the city.

Nothing will ever be the same again,

God Bless America
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 2:56:43 PM EDT
[#47]
hopefully goatboy will post the photos I sent him soon,,could not take as many as I would have liked nor would I have taken some that would have been in bad taste,,though at first I felt uncomfortable taking any photos,,felt it was good to document alittle of what I lived and experienced. Semper Fi
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:49:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top