Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 1:19:58 PM EDT
How will this terrorist attack affect the US economy? Anyone care to take any guesses?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:26:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#2]
This incident will spur spending in lots of  areas including security and obviously some re-construction.  I believe it will result in a lot of panic buying of products but it will spur spending of a lot of money in the short term.

The rumor mill here began spewing forth the idea that a "gas shortage" would occur.  Now gas is up to over $6.00 per gallon in some places as price gouging owners take advantage of the hysteria and rumor that the refinery system would somehow be affected by this tragedy.

The governor and the local media are trying to let everyone know that this isn't true, but I went and looked for gas awhile ago and 4 out of 5 stations were empty, and the ones with gas all had 50-100 cars at them waiting in line to pay these ridiculous prices.

I have enough gas to get home and hopefully everyone will come to their senses about this soon.

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The stock markets across the US are shut down and probably will be until Wed. The overall world market started to drop but I think they also ended early to prevent a run or crash.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think we'll be drilling for oil in the ANWR soon.
View Quote

Christ I hope so. Its about time.

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe we need more STATES in United States, maybe in some in Middle East.  We can let the Russians have what they want .. About the Chinese...we can maybe give them Pakistan. :)
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Maybe we need more STATES in United States, maybe in some in Middle East.  We can let the Russians have what they want .. About the Chinese...we can maybe give them Pakistan. :)
View Quote

I still say Russia should have been dealt Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:46:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes.. You are right on! Ulysse_Nardin_1846

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top