Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2001 2:40:18 PM EDT
OK guys I have been trying to find a Crome or stainless colered upper reciver. But have had no luck. I tried everyone I could think of. So now I have a few thoughts I would like to run by you all. I found a company that will Hard crome a upper for $200 but that seems a little pricy to me. So what do you guys think of taking a upper to a Auto shop that bakes on the crome finish for engine parts. Would this hold up or will it flake off also how will effect the integrity of the upper (strength). Also they way I thought Would be more practical would be to buy a 80% upper and finish it out. Would this be the same color as a crome barrel or would it be a dull finish. Also do I need to put a finish on it to protect it. Also if it is a dull finish how hard would it be to polish it up. Any input would help alot.
Thanks
SCAR
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey thanks for the info Wilsonn. I found the Stainless lowers from DPMS and I checked with them first about a upper and they said that they do not make them. Also do you think if I did the upper myself it will hold up. And match a barrel. And how hard of a procces is it to do. I need it to match for a project I want to build  one of the CAV lowers we talked about. I want a yellow lower with alll crome parts form DPMS and a crome upper and barrel and the yellow handguards. With a crome and yellow mag. The gun will be a present for my wife. SO if you want to get the CAV lowers I want to get 2 of them but The yellow one will have to have the shorter stock for my wife also want a coustom serial# for it. So I will have to order that one.
Thanks
SCAR
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 10:22:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 7:14:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone else have any thoughts on this.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 9:25:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top