Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 10:04:23 AM EDT
For our members who have lost friends or loved ones in these terrorist attacks. My heart goes out to you all. I'm going to give blood today. Stay strong.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#1]
My prayers are with anyone on this board or anywhere else who has lost a loved one or a friend, those with injured family members also.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I was forced to leave work today when they heard of the attack, and I live in Canada. Also riots where breaking out at Canadian schools. When I talked to my co-worker he told me his wife was on vacation and was supposed to be in one of those buildings early this morning. I pray for everyone and especially his wife of 20 years.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#4]
My thoughts and prayers to all of us.  

I'm thinking of my grandmother, who is 90 and on her death bed.  I feel today like she must of felt 60 years ago after Pearl, when she was about the same age as me.  It is scary to think of it all, it is like PH, only with many more lives lost.  I wonder how much opposition "W" will have for his missle defence plan now?

As a reserve Seabee, just waiting for an official call.  Have gotten the "unofficial" just to check up on everyone.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#5]
All I can do is pray.
Lots of friends worked in the Towers and surrounding area.
Man...I feel like crying
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:08:01 AM EDT
[#6]
This is a very dark day for our nation and the world for that matter.  My heart and prayers are with everyone, as we are all affected by this act of barbarism.  

We must stick together to get through this atrocity: united we stand, divided we fall.

May God Be With Us All

medcop
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#8]
From the Netherlands my heartfelt condolences, thoughts and prayers to our stricken friends across the 'big pond'
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:22:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
All I can do is pray.
Lots of friends worked in the Towers and surrounding area.
Man...I feel like crying
View Quote

One of the guys in our reenactment group works at the WTC for Morgan Stanley- I got hold of his wife by phone at home- he is OK- made it out, and caught the last train out of NYC. He's not home yet. She herself works in Newark, NJ, right across the river, and saw BOTH planes hit the WTC.....

May God damn these perps to Hell....
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Also riots where breaking out at Canadian schools.
View Quote

Why were the schools having riots?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also riots where breaking out at Canadian schools.
View Quote

Why were the schools having riots?
View Quote

No idea- we live in MA, near Boston, where the WTC planes were hijacked from, so, as not to take any chances, I went and got the kids from the local elementary school. Any public facility is fair game, esp. now.

The kids had been told nothing so far. The principal said, "Oh, your kids are safe here." Of course, later in the conversation, she mentioned that her husband was leaving work to take HER kids home from school, too....

She's anti-gun, BTW (go figure)... but, I'll bet hubby's got some sort of piece packed away, just in case, despite their public pronouncements.

The riots in CDN were probably uproars from older kids who have access to TV, radios and Internet during the day.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I am not sure what the riots involved, probably due to people with friends or familly in the world trade center or the increased hatred created by the whole situation. In any case out "SWAT" was called in.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a cousin that is still missing in the aftermath. Her name is Elizabeth Gettig. Please pray for her well being.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/034/Yb/UC/sI/Vr24741.jpg[/img]

This photo was taken last Christmas at a party in Connecticut
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#15]
My Prayers and the Prayers of my department go out to each and everyone who lost someone in these attacks today.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:28:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have a cousin that is still missing in the aftermath. Her name is Elizabeth Gettig. Please pray for her well being.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/034/Yb/UC/sI/Vr24741.jpg[/img]

This photo was taken last Christmas at a party in Connecticut
View Quote

She is in our prayers.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Gus my families prayers are with you.  My Sister was in the south tower, she got out with a broken collarbone and bad glass cuts.

Everybody, give blood, they are going to need *lots* of it for the next two weeks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top