Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 9:33:20 AM EDT
I hear the 4th plane crashed in rural PA. I have heard some on here say it was headed for Camp David. Why did it crash short of it's target? Was it shot down? The news I have managed to catch has not said much about it. Anyone here know?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:55:25 AM EDT
[#1]

i belive there is a fifth plane that crashed as well. a united 767.

no location is being released.

IMHO, these two planes were shot down. any information on this?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#2]
According to the news I heard, it crashed in the
woods.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#4]
The plane dipped down, rose back up, the engines roared and it flipped on it's side and crashed. Most news sources say there may have been a fight in the cockpit.

Quoted:
I hear the 4th plane crashed in rural PA. I have heard some on here say it was headed for Camp David. Why did it crash short of it's target? Was it shot down? The news I have managed to catch has not said much about it. Anyone here know?
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

i belive there is a fifth plane that crashed as well. a united 767.

no location is being released.

IMHO, these two planes were shot down. any information on this?
View Quote

US denies aircraft were downed by fighters.

Maybe SAM's took them out?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#6]
The black boxes will, hopefully, tell the story of a heroic struggle in the cockpit before the crash!

Eric The(Lord,ThisIsAnEvilDay!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#7]
... I would guess that some damn brave commercial airline pilots ditched them under extremely stressful conditions to save other landmarks from the hands of terrorists.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's to the fallen heroes of the day!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#9]
[img]http://BOHstuff.homestead.com/files/blacktuesday01.jpg[/img]

We must find out who is responsible and MAKE THEM PAY.  Not by merely issuing formal protests, not by sanctions, but by unrelenting VIOLENT FORCE!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
[img]http://BOHstuff.homestead.com/files/blacktuesday01.jpg[/img]

We must find out who is responsible and MAKE THEM PAY.  Not by merely issuing formal protests, not by sanctions, but by unrelenting VIOLENT FORCE!!!
View Quote

In the end, the only language they understand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top