Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 7:52:58 AM EDT
It will be interesting to see if New Yorkers still support gun control in a few days. 40,000 police officers will be worn out in a couple of days. I wonder how many people in New York wish they could go out and buy a gun now!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:54:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Just speculating now, but I don't think my AR-15 would have taken down that 767.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:10:11 AM EDT
[#2]
No,Malpaso.  Think more about the "critters" who will be prowling the "unprotected" neoghborhoods, now that the police and EMS are going to be tied up for the foreseeable future.

Do you think that the "citizens" will feel the need to arm themselves?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:15:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Bringing down the 767 was not what I had in mind. I am sure the criminal types will not be taking the day off. I am equally sure that if a bandit was breaking into your house or business right now in New York the police response would be none existent. And this will probably be the case for the next several days.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:19:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry Shooter505, I responded before really reading your post. You are correct, it will be the "internal" terrorists now that we can't forget about.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:36:31 AM EDT
[#5]
You haven't heard anything yet. Give it a few hours. It's 100 times worse than it appears.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:42:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I think we are going to hear many horror stories about crime in New York after this tragedy. After the L.A. riots we heard about a lot of people wanting to buy guns during the riots. But they could not do so because of the waiting period in California. There have been many court decisions ruling that the police do not have protect us. We have to remember that part of the planned terrorism in this terrorist attack is the break down in civil order after the attack. We need to have the ability to protect ourselves when the police can not. And we need to not let people forget this after this attack.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top