Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 5:57:15 AM EDT
Just placed my order for 1000 rounds from Ammoman.com, you better stock up now while ammo can still be had for a reasonable price. We will be at WAR soon.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:22:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm headed to th reloading shop @ lunch!

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:24:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:32:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I just made a order for 2000 rds myself from AIM.
c-rock
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:47:44 AM EDT
[#4]
It might be too late to stock up now. Check what you already have and make sure it is ready, and like RAF said...dont panic.

Ranger Out
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:58:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I just placed another order of 1000 rds of .308 from Aim, she told me they have sold 20000 rounds in the last hour, better call while they still have.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:25:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I just ordered 1,200 rounds of .223 from AIM.  I wonder if they can even meet the orders already placed.
Somebody want to call?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#7]
If you guys don't already have a few thousand rounds on hand at all times, it's too late for you.

When the LA Riots started, the first thing LAPD did was implement an immediate ban on all gun and ammo sales in the city.  People who purchased guns 2 weeks before and had already passed the background check and waited for the "cooling off" period were prohibited from taking possession of the guns they legally owned.  Plus, all those shooters who didn't have any ammo on hand were also left unarmed.  Imagine that happening nationwide.

Last time I bought a bunch of C77 ammo from R-Guns, I took a 1,200 rounds (less than 1/3 of the order), assembled them into bandoleers with strippers and loading tools, then used a Vacuum Seal-A-Meal and created airtight pouches that will last for decades.  I'll never touch this except in case of an emergency.  With my usual shooting stash, I've probably got at least 4,000 of 5.56mm on hand right now.  Plus I also picked up a 1,000 round box of Federal white box 115gr. 9mm for about $120 as an emergency cashe and it's about the size of a shoe box.

This stuff only cost me a couple hundred bucks and occupies merely a small corner in my closet.  But the next time TSHTF, I've got plenty of ammo that will feed a couple dozen of my guns for a long time and I don't have to leave the house to scrounge for supplies.  It's cheap insurance.

So if you're just now looking for ammo or supplies, you're way too late!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:19:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:22:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't forget powder and bullets to reload.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:41:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you guys don't already have a few thousand rounds on hand at all times, it's too late for you...

...So if you're just now looking for ammo or supplies, you're way too late!!!!!
View Quote

I think you are preaching to the choir.  I already have just shy of 4000 rounds. I just placed an order for the heck of it.  If there is no sale, oh well.  I will contact AIM to cancel the order, if they notify me that they cannot ship.

Get it while it is there... That's the whole idea!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I think it may already be too late to get whatever.  The transportation system is starting to shut down down except for our virtual/cyberspace.  The ammo companies may be taking your order, but how are you going to get your stuff?  The is beyond control of the Ammmoman's etc.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:57:49 AM EDT
[#12]
It is not the time to be using thousands of rounds of ammo yet, guys!  Stay calm, stop overreacting (if that's possible)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top