Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2001 11:04:28 PM EDT
I have the chance to pick up a stainless loaded springfield full size 1911 NIB chambered in .40 for $525.  Its either that or a Para Ordnance p-14 for who knows how much.  Whats the better choice?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Springfield.  I've had no experience with PA guns myself, but I've seen lots of them jam at matches.  Lots of people say their PA guns run great, but I have yet to see one.  SA, on the other hand, makes a very good product for the money.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Between the Springfield and the Para I'd have to say the Kimber is the better pistol.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd rather have the springfield due to the narrower grip but would prefer the.45 instead of the .40.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#4]
About 4 years ago, I purchased a new Wilson Combat Classic.  Awesome pistol.  I have no regrets, but it I could do it over, I would buy one of the Springfield "loaded".  I would then have a good gunsmith give it a trigger job and maybe add night sights and put the rest into practice ammo or reloading components.  Kimbers are nice too, but they use a lot of MIM parts.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I honestly believe that 1911s
are more reliabe
when chambered for longer
cartridges.

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Schapman43,
I have an out of the box Springfield, no failures to feed or fire.(2500+ rounds) great confidence in it's performance. My gun only.
Good Luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top