Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2001 8:14:37 PM EDT
It is my sad duty to mention that Justin Wilson, the cajun chef, has passed on at age 87.
I met him once at a book-signing, and we talked about dove shootin', deer cleaning, parsley, and how David Letterman was a wussy. I learned a lot watching his shows, and I loved his funny stories, especially the ones about hunting. I have made his bar-b-que oysters for a ton of delighted friends (not what you might think, they are marinated briefly in liquid smoke, coated in peppery corn flour, and then deep-fried). He was an American original, I garontee! I will miss him. Jesus gettin' some fine vittles now, Him!
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow. i can't believe he was really 87 years old. My dad used to watch him a lot back in the 80's when he had his show on pbs. When my parents would burn some food they would just say it's "blackened" whatever.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 10:55:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Good Ol' Boy

Sure will miss him
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 11:08:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn!  I watched his show a while back.  That's too bad.  He was a good ol' boy and a half!
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 11:59:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I remember watching that show. Skinny guy kind of tall? Did he do a trademark thing? Kind of made his voice high-pitched and then said something like WOOOHEE? Got a kick out of that show. Wonder if it's the same guy.

And yes, Letterman is a wuss!
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 12:18:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn that sucks!

I'm still young man, guys like him have been there all my life.
Mr. Rogers off the air and now this,I gess I'm getting old.

@#$%^&*(*&^%$#@#$%^&*( crap!
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 12:31:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think I remember watching that show. Skinny guy kind of tall? Did he do a trademark thing? Kind of made his voice high-pitched and then said something like WOOOHEE? Got a kick out of that show. Wonder if it's the same guy.

And yes, Letterman is a wuss!
View Quote

Not skinny!  Had a nice big belly.  Talked with a cajun accent.  Trademark was "I gar-on-tee!"  I too used to watch him years ago.  Always sat down and ate what he cooked at the end of the show with a glass of wine.  A real character!

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 12:34:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I actually have an album that he did A LONG TIME AGO. I don't remember where I picked it up, but it sure as hell is funny. I used to watch his show, and wish it was still on.
He will be missed.
"A little wine.. A little more wine. (takes a sip)"
Blows the hell out of Emrils show.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 1:18:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 2:32:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 3:02:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I will miss him also, his shows sent my abitiy beyond bacon and eggs.  RIP
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 3:04:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#12]
He was at his best when he would measure the wine for his recipe.  A man after my own heart.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 12:49:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Goodbye.  May your soul rest in peace.

[heavy]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#14]
My dad watched his show a lot as well (so I have seen it many, many times too).

RIP Justin

Tyler

Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#15]
My favorite episode was when he cooked up a great big pot of crawdads in an outdoor setting.  I was groaning and writhing in hunger and need the whole time.  It was great.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:35:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I mentioned this last week on the "Can you Cook?" post. I have his book. I'll miss his "Jokes and Stories". I believe he was actually from up "North". I never missed watching his show on Saturday's if I was not out on a job or "Fishin!"....Too bad, not enough guy's like him around.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I heard he was actually from New Jersey.  Not saying it's true, but I did hear that many years ago.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I heard he was actually from New Jersey. Not saying it's true, but I did hear that many years ago
View Quote

I've heard he was from Mobile, AL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top