Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2001 1:37:56 PM EDT
I have a full size .38 Super steel, but I was looking for any thoughts on the compact 10mm steel for CCW.

Link Posted: 9/9/2001 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I realize that we're setting ourselves up to be flamed for discusing EAA's products without a smirk, but here it goes.

I have the Full size 10MM and love it. Its nicer than the 10mm glock I had (sold when I got the EAA).  I have the compact 40sw (10mm for weenies) and it shoots great and is nothing but reliable.  I'd have few quams about carrying the EAA 10mm's for CCW... I love em.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 38 Super/45ACP combo.smirk ,I'll put mine up reliabilty wise agianst anything.I also gave a 9x23 Barrel.1450fps plus/125 grain hollowpoint/20 shots.

All you need is an upper and mag.If you do get the compact your 38 suer barrel will work on it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both a Witness PS in 9mm and a compact 45ACP.  They both shoot great.  Never seen a 10mm.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 5:54:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 10mm and love it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 9:09:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I sure would like to here about EAA. I passed on one about a year ago and got the Glock 20 (well I actually have 2 now) and I love it. It's a little big, and I was thinking of getting the 29. I read gun tests and they do not have a fond opinion of EAA at all (that and other opinions kept me from getting one). Have you guys really put them through the torcher tests? At least 500 rds. with different ammo and loads?
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I had an EAA steel-frame Witness in 9mm, and it worked perfectly, and was more accurate than the Taurus 99 I had. A little on the heavy side, but WTF? I suspect the gun testers don't much like anything that doesn't have a high-$ name on it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 4:58:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I have full size/steel 9mm and 45acp EAA's. Both run 100%. The 45 is low mileage---700rds. The 9mm has over 2000 rounds. Good guns!
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:52:57 AM EDT
[#8]
What type of mags are available for the 10mm Fullsize Witness? Any high caps?
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a EAA Witness in 9mm, that I bought new in '91. Mid-sized, heavy, Italian, well made gun...
I put several thousand failure-free rounds through it...
I was bored with it and traded it on something else. (don't remember)
It's since been sold from the gun store...
Wish I still had it...
Great little gun...

I told my dealer if it ever came back to his store, I'd buy it back...  

This was an older model gun...
Don't care much for the newer "hi-tech" looking models...
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 7:18:15 PM EDT
[#10]
My 9mm has about 400 rounds through it.  When I first got it, I had to send it back to EAA for a new slide release because the one in it wouldn't stay open on an empty mag.  They fixed it and got it back to me in two days.  It has been excellent ever since.  I think part of that problem was the mag--the shoulder that catches the slide release was too small.  They gave me two new mag followers as well.  The ProMags I bought already had the new followers in them.    

The 45 compact has been perfect from day 1.  It currently has less mileage than the 9mm.  I've been on a 9mm kick lately because it's cheaper.  Gotta remember to get some more 45 ammo though!

EAA suffers from a glut of used Glocks, Sigs and Berettas.  But the EAA design is every bit as good.  I can't understand why they aren't more popular.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a Witness 10MM, and I am very happy with it.  I wanted a 10MM, but the Glock just doesn't "fit" me.  My round count is really low(500), but I haven't had any problems so far.

As far as I know, there aren't high caps available for the 10MM(someone correct me if I am wrong).  I don't know of any aftermarket 10 rounders either, so expect to take it in the shorts for spare mags(I paid around 40.00 each for mine)..

Zane
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:06:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Wholesale on factory 10 round mags---9mm/40/45/10mm---are $20.00
I have heard of people using the 10 round 45acp mags in the 10mm (with some lip mods). Don't know if it's true or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top