Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2001 5:42:06 PM EDT
Are hi cap mags illegal to use in post ban AR15s?

Link Posted: 9/8/2001 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#1]
No, there are not illegal to use in a postban AR15.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#3]
My buddy told me today that he is 100% sure they are illegal.

I guess he is wrong.

Thanks for they replies.

Link Posted: 9/8/2001 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Watch the date stamped in the side. Almost all of the mag contractors marked post ban mags for military and law enforcement only. However,Center industries doesn't do this. If the date on a USGI mag ends with /94 or later be careful!If you insert one of these in your gun you have just committed a felony unless you have a badge or a green wrinkled uniform on.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine do not have any dates on them....only the manufacturer's name & location.  They do not say LE/Military Only.

Link Posted: 9/8/2001 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, preban hicaps are illegal in postban weapons.

If you want to dispose of them, email me and I will send you my address. I will properly dispose of them through military channels.

What?! Hey, I'm in the military. And I will dispose of them in the proper manner- fire them until they are no longer serviceable.

Trust me, I'm from the government.
View Quote

If you fall for this one, I have some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you. If they arent marked, you are home free. Have fun!
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 7:20:25 PM EDT
[#7]
If you have em, use em. If you have the money, buy more. They are like $20 dolllar stocks. Sure to grow in value as time goes on.
Good Luck.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you have em, use em. If you have the money, buy more. They are like $20 dolllar stocks. Sure to grow in value as time goes on.
Good Luck.
View Quote

The damn things are like peanuts! I have way more than I need, and cant stop!
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Get em while you can,boys.They are not gonna get any less expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top