Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2001 8:24:39 AM EDT
well,maybe a little later.What do YOU think will happen in the near future (15-30 years)
I dunno,but I think later down the road there will be no countries,only companies.Instead of swearing alliegance with a country,you will to a company.For example,in the awesome movie "ALIENS" the U.S. Colonial Marines are hardy part of the U.S.,but owned by the huge Anglo/Japanese company called "Weyland Yutani"
and are basically fighting for the company's interests.Like the security of it's company owned out-world colonies.
Impossible?
Look how much has happened in the past century.We are now talking to eachother over an digital information web,over lines of copper and whatnot.At the beginning of the century light-bulbs and electricy were the hot-new thang.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
well,maybe a little later.What do YOU think will happen in the near future (15-30 years)
I dunno,but I think later down the road there will be no countries,only companies.

Waddaya mean, "near future", it's already happened.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 8:32:31 AM EDT
[#2]
The controlling company in Utah is the BLM.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#3]
In the Yeeeeeeeeear Two-Thousaaaaaaaaaaaand.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#4]
In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
View Quote

Everthing you think, do and say
Is in the pill you took today
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#6]
In the year 4545
Ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes
You won't find a thing to do
Nobody's gonna look at you
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to point this out but what you suggest ain't gonna happen. At least not in this country anyway.

Anytime a company starts to get too big (more powerful that the government) then the government steps in and uses some excuse to break it up. They did this to Bell and are threatening to do it to Microsoft. Ted Turner better be careful himself.

Now go watch you little fantasy world Roller Ball movie with James Caan and pretend all you want.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#8]
We will mutate into flying monkeys.  Armed flying monkeys I hope.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sorry to point this out but what you suggest ain't gonna happen. At least not in this country anyway.

Anytime a company starts to get too big (more powerful that the government) then the government steps in and uses some excuse to break it up. They did this to Bell and are threatening to do it to Microsoft. Ted Turner better be careful himself.

Now go watch you little fantasy world Roller Ball movie with James Caan and pretend all you want.
View Quote

Dunno about Bell, Gates wasn't spreading enough cash around to please klinton/reno.  The antitrust suit against Microsoft has been thrown out by shrub/ashcroft, so I guess the wheel has been greased.
Now go on pretending it ain't gonna happen in this country.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top