Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2001 3:18:54 AM EDT
Who seels a good spotting scope? It must have a 45 degree eye piece. Would like around 40X and
be able to see 22 cal holes in black. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 6:18:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the Kowa TSN-821 and I couldn't be happier.  I originally wanted the 20-60x eyepiece, but ended up going with the 27x Long Eye Relief and it has worked great so far.  You can get straight or angled eyepieces.

You don't mention how far away you need to see 22 cal holes, but if you don't want the zoom, they also have 32x or 50x wide angle eyepieces.

Creedmoor had the best price when I bought mine a year and a half ago.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 6:29:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Kowa TSN-821M...seconded.

Check out [url]www.jarheadtop.com[/url] and compare with Creedmoor.  Jim Owens frequently has the better deal.  Both are excellent to deal with.    
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 7:05:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I also use the tsn-821, which has been discontinued. it is a great scope. it has been replaced by , correct me if i am wrong, the tsn-821m.
Do Not ,  Do Not, DO NOT get more eye peice than the 27ler! I know many people that have and they are unhappy with it. With the 27ler you can see bullet holes at 200 on brt days and at 300 if the background is bright behind the target.
post your question on the compitition thread and you will get a lot of good advise on your scope choice...pat
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#4]
If you have not looked through a Leica Televid
spotting scope,  you will NEVER go back to a Kowa.  I have had a TS-512 and a TSN-821 and there is no comparison,  when it comes to clarity and image brightness.  The Leica is at least 25% superior in the glass and image sharpness departments.  I have a Leica Televid 77mm angled spotter with the 20x60 zoom eyepiece, and it is the AWESOME, but not cheap.
You get what you pay for in optics.

[url]swfa.com/spottingscopes/leica/index.html[/url]

[img]swfa.com/spottingscopes/leica/leica.jpg[/img]

[img]optispy.com/SS_leica_files/apo_televid_77.jpeg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top