Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2001 8:34:56 PM EDT
Hey guys, i am looking to get a night vision device, but know nothing about them. I would want it for general use, but want a good one.
Any thoughts ???
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of "$$$$" are we able to help you spend? (this is important)

Keep in mind when you say "best night vision" you could be looking at around $2300. And it only goes up from there.

havoc
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Possibly up to 1000, but would prefer less.
I just want one so I can look around and see what goblins are coming.[;)]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out the amazing detail
in the photo of
a target viewed through this first gen.
device.
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1185753325[/url]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Check with ITT directly & ask if they have any reconditioned demos currently in stock.  They get them back, refurbish them, then sell them at about half price or less than new AND with a 6 month warranty.  I got this from an honest salesman at a LE equipment company.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 11:06:15 PM EDT
[#8]
heh exceelent they put a U.N. helmet on a meerkat(yup a Meerkat). Well I may just hae to put in an order.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe an ITT 150 monocular. This would not be a "headgear" type NVD, so you would have to hold it up to your eye to use it.

It is 2nd gen(US). Unless you are in a pitch black or almost pitch black situation this unit would give you good light magnification and good resolution.

You may want to consider an IR flashlight as an accessory. SureFire makes a good one that is reasonable small, light, and durable.

The cheaper you go the shorter the unit life. US NVD's are a generation ahead of Russian NVD's. ie our gen 1's are as good as their gen 2's. They got nothing like our gen 3's and the new gen 4's

In checking the 150's are around $1500. I thought I had seen them for about $995 somewhere......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top