Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2001 8:05:26 AM EDT
I have a well read copy of Henderson's book and have heard there are several other books out there on Carlos. Anyone know what they are?

Couple things about Henderson's book, it doesn't go in chronological order.
When Hathcock and Burke were dueling with the NVA sniper, I read in Precision Shooting Mag I think, that Land was watching the whole episode from closeby. In the book it seemed like he stayed on Hill 55 till it was over.

My hats off to anyone who goes to war or serves period! In 82 and 83 the Army wouldn't take me because of a high frequency hearing loss, (that's what happens when you don't wear ear protection) I did the MEPP's station twice and failed.
(hated that bloomin nekkid duck walk they made us do)
The USMC recruiter across the hall from my third Army recruiter said the Corps would take me but I was too much of a pussy to do that. I think I regret that decision sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#1]
The only other book I know of and have read is "Silent Warrior." Also by Henderson.

Basically, it is a few more stories that were cut out of the first book. Not quite as good, but not too bad. It also covers Sgt. Hathcock's life after retirement up until his passing.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#2]
thank you.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 11:09:28 AM EDT
[#3]
White Feather, published by Iron Brigade Armory.  Large format, and written in a different syle than "Marine Sniper".  
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Things must have changed between 1969 and 1982 if the Army rejected you for hearing loss. They drafted me in 69 even though I've been totally deaf in my right ear and had only 80% in the left all my life. They weren't nearly as picky in 69, they just wanted live bodies.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 2:23:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Ronaldisimo "The Gipper" was building up the military. They were offering outrageous monetary incentives in the form of cash and for college. I just lucked in at the wrong time I guess. Wanted to be a medic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top