Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2001 10:32:51 PM EDT
Well I'm finally back online, freakin ISP's.

Jessie & I had a really great time seeing & visiting with everyone Sunday. As usual Jessie loved all the attention she was getting.[:D]

I want to thank......

Grin&Barrett for letting my little Annie Oakley shoot your 9mm AR15, she REALLY liked it. BTW, just how pissed was antiUSSA when he got his car back?? [}:D]

antiUSSA for letting me shoot your Ruger bolt gun, it's almost as accurate as my so called "girlie gun" as you put it. [:D]
The propane tank shoot out was quite fun as well!!! I put that Rock River 2 stage trigger on my 6600 & man is it sweet!!!!!

Don & Kelly R. we really enjoyed meeting you two & trying out your pistols. Thanks for the pics, thebeekeeper1 sent them to me today & they looked great!!!

Everyone who helped put it together & the cooks.

As always it's great to see Gunnut Jr. enjoying shooting. Thanks again Gunnut for the pic!!

InTheBlack you had some nice toys there as well, have you shot your AR after having the Rock River trigger installed??

c-rock as always you put on a great show, although I never did see you pop one of those soda cans in the air with your bayonet on the shotgun. [:D]

I'm sure I missed some things but after not being able to get online for 2 weeks I'm waaaaayyyyyyy behind with a shit load of things to try to remember to do. [:(][:(]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT

ColtShorty

the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Yepper I believe a good time was had by all.

Good to see you again ColtShorty, and glad to meet you InTheBlack - yes that 2 stage seemed really nice, I think I will be picking up a couple in the near future!!

BTW we have pictures back of your little miss future Dillon Blue Press Model ColtShorty!! If someone hasn't allready we will have to submit em for pic of the month!!

Later all

IAJack
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 10:47:54 PM EDT
[#3]
IAJack- I enjoyed seeing you again also, glad you could make it this time!! I think antiUSSA was talking about a bigger get-together in the spring, you may have to get out the name tag machine again. [:D][:D]
Would it be possible for you to send me an email with those Little Miss Future Dillon Blue Press Model pictures.[?][?]

InTheBlack- I took my 6600 with the RR 2 stage trigger out for a test drive today down by the river, very very impressive!!! I was kneeling down with the rifle bipod resting on a chunk of concrete putting holes in a leaf about 100 yards down river on the opposite bank. I may have to pick up a couple more of those triggers myself. I know you'll enjoy yours.

ColtShorty

the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 12:13:44 AM EDT
[#4]
How about posting a pics of Mrs. Dillion Blue Press. :)
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 6:25:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I need to get them scanned 1st, will do this week.- it's not what you think wgunn!

Yepper I am defiantly there if a bigger get together goes down. I sugested having a "tour" with a different members hosting each time.That way nonone would have to drive that far and we'd be able to have shoots more often?One over here, one in Ottawa, one down by Anti?

Any takers?

IAJack
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 7:28:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I want to say thank you so very much to EVERYONE who was there.  I cannot think of one person who was reluctant to offer to let me try out their firearms, and that was incredibly kind and generous.  *Especially since I was most definetly the lightest armed-person there*.

After firing the .50...oh man.  Talk about a rush.

Oh, I would like to thank one person in particular, AFARR.  He must have let me put more rounds through his firearms than I could count.  I have to say thank you very very much for that, If I even expressed any interest in one of his firearms, he immediately had a couple of loaded magazines for it in his hands ready to give me, and insisted that I try it out.  Knowing how expensive shooting can get, that was by FAR more than I had expected anyone to go.  When people were saying everyone tries everyone’s firearms, I was expecting maybe 5 rounds through the gun, one magazine tops, but EVERYONE there, especially AFARR was willing to throw 2-3 hi capacity magazines at me to try it out. And for that, I cannot thank you all enough, it was the greatest shooting experience of my life, and just a realization of the camaraderie between board members, and shooting enthusiasts.

I simply cannot wait to do it again.  And next time, I promise to have a nice rifle with a good amount of ammo set aside for the purpose of letting everyone try it out.  Once again, I would like to thank EVERYONE who was there.  Everyone talked with me (despite me being 16 and wearing orange oakley’s) and everyone at least offered to let me try out their firearms, and that alone was so much more than I had expected.   So thank you to everyone who was there, you were truly amazing and generous.

Link Posted: 9/8/2001 7:35:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, if you're up for a drive I live just over the Indiana border and own a private 60 acre firing range.  There's room for plenty of people, plus we can shoot machineguns.

We can buy a car ($300 or so out of the newspaper) and shoot it to hell just for the event if you want.  I have a Ford Ranger ('85) sitting down there right now we've chewed up beyond belief.

If you live in the NW burbs of Chicago it about a 1:20 minute drive to my place.  If you live in the SE burbs it's just an hour or less to get to my place.

Let me know if you're interested.

WG
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Check out the post AR15.com Tour in meetings and events

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top