Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2001 6:56:20 PM EDT
I don't remember the model #, but it's identical to my Bushmaster XM15E2S.
Only difference is that it felt lighter, and had the 1-7 barrel twist. Barrel was marked CMP 1-7 5.56 NATO.
I assume it's lighter weight is from a thinner barrel.
I saw one at a gunshow last weekend for $965 or $995.

Yesterday, my local dealer had a used trade-in for sale at $899.
I opened it up to inspect, and it was obviously never fired.
The hammer and buffer didn't have a mark on them.
The gun looked like it just came out of the box.
I talked him down to $835, and put a deposit on it.

How did I do ???

I know this gun is nothing special, but COLT's seem to hold their value pretty well.

This is my 1st COLT, and I've heard many good things about them, so, I figured I'd give them a try.
Hopefully, it performs as well as my Bushmaster. I'm VERY happy with it's reliability.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#1]
From strictly "how much should I pay for a Colt" standpoint, I think that you did very well.  I priced a HBar "Match Target" Flat Top at $829 about five years ago.  I think that prices may have dropped for the other brands, not sure about Colt.  

The important thing is, how does that thing function?  :)  

I suspect it'll do you fine.  Congratulations.  I don't think that you got gouged.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top