Posted: 9/6/2001 6:43:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:47:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you got an aftermarket stock?
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#3]
All that it takes to swap out a 10/22 barrel is remove the stock, then remove the 2 allen screws holding the v-block to barrel that compresses it into the receiver. Total time involved is about 5 minutes. You probably already know this, but you will have to get a new stock, or seriously grind out the old one for the new diameter barrel.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Barrel is easy, just need a hex wrench.  I don't remember the size offhand, but if you have a set, you'll be fine.  You do need a stock that will accommodate the larger diameter barrel.  That'll just drop in place.  Flat head screwdriver is all you need for taking the stock off.  All in all, pretty painless.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
All that it takes to swap out a 10/22 barrel is remove the stock, then remove the 2 allen screws holding the v-block to barrel that compresses it into the receiver. Total time involved is about 5 minutes. You probably already know this, but you will have to get a new stock, or seriously grind out the old one for the new diameter barrel.
View Quote

what he said
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Just take the barreled action out of the stock and using an Allen wrench undo the two cap screws holding the barrel wedge in. If the barrel doesn't pull out easily, heat up the receiver with a heat gun. Installing your new barrel is as simple. I don't like to force the barrels in. I always at least heat the reciever. I usually take the time to freeze the barrel in a deep freeze too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:53:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Actual barrel changing requires removal of the stock, then two allen bolts. Screwdriver for the band around the barrel and the screw just forward of the magazine opening. Slide the band off the muzzle. Place the safety half way between safe and fire positions so its centered and slide the barreled action off the stock. At the base of the barrel there is a wedge of metal with two allen bolts in it. Turn them out until you can remove the barrel.

Not sure if the .920 barrel, if thats not stock size maybe you need to hollow out the factory stock or get a replacement? I'll leave it up to the guru's to answer that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
i think this is the first time i have ever actually seen more than 2 replies on ar15 that agreed on anything. I think we just set a record!!
View Quote

This was a question of factual procedure and requirements.  We're not bad with agreeing on demonstratable facts.  If he had asked who made the best bull barrel and stock for a 10/22, this thread would be 8 pages long and many people would be accused of molesting livestock. [:)]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#12]
he he he.  qwijibo, you get a cookie.  

Garand, what kind of barrel did you buy?  Been thinking of one of those myself.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Do they make a carbon fiber barrel that doesn't have the stainless muzzle cap?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top