Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2001 5:26:24 PM EDT
Here's one listing I found:
AK-SAR 1 Rifle
They are back... But not for long! Ltd availability. Mfd from brand new Romanian AK parts kits. Best selling 7.62x39 AK! Each rifle comes with one 10rd and one 30rd magazine. $289.95ea, 2 or more @ only $269.95ea!

Are these worth the price for just a beat-upable shooter?
Thanks,
Coversix
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, brouhaha. That's what I figured. I've never owned any type of AK or variant and would like to culturize my safe.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Just about ANY AK in 7.62X39 will shoot reliably.

Those that don't, are FAR and FEW between.

I like the 7.62X39 AK's because you can beat the shit out of them, and they will STILL run.

Drop it from a 2nd floor window, into a mudpuddle, then drive over it with your pick-up truck.

Pick it up and it WILL still shoot.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#5]
For the money, you can't go wrong. Not extremely accurate, but not any less accurate than any other AK in 7.62-39 I've owned. Plus you get the pistol grip (I fucking detest those thumbhole stocks). And when you can get 1000 rounds delivered to your door for $90.00, it's great for just blasting.

Point being great deal, go for it. You won't regret it.

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:58:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Earlier this week I picked up an SAR-1 from Aim Surplus.  It was a long drive for me, but it was a nice day.

I've cleaned and lubed it up, and I'm ready to try it out this weekend.  I've never shot one before so this ought to be fun! [:P]

BTW, it was $259, plus tax, plus $15 "service charge".  Came with one 10 and one 30 round mag.

Oops, edited because I forgot to say that I also scored a case of FMJ ammo for $69.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah. AIM is where the above cutnpaste came from. Unfortunately, I can't drive on over from Washington. I do have FFL contacts though.
Thanks for the input guys!
C6
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I just checked Aim's website and it appears that the price has gone up $30 since Tuesday!

Maybe they're getting to the end of the line. [:(]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#9]
After you shoot your new AK a few times, you will soon be ready to "bumpfire" it.

The closest you will ever get to full auto, without the expense.[:)]

Do yourself a favor, and pick up a 100 round drum. The "bump" fun will last longer. (About 15 seconds)

(You haven't TRULY bumpfired, unless the handguards are smoking)
[heavy][heavy][heavy][heavy][heavy]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 5:33:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I have also purchased a SAR 1 this summer, my first.  I didn't have any experience with any AK until I went to Knob Creek...full auto time baby!!!  I was hooked.  The ammo is priced right to have fun.  I have been giving my SAR a workout and it hasn't failed me yet.  Have fun.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I have had more jams with my SAR-2 than my ar15 and I have put half the number of rounds through the SAR-2.  The gun is useless for anything but close range (50 yrds or less) shooting so that is plinking and home defense.  My MAADI is an even bigger POS.  If you pay any more than 250 for one of these than you are getting screwed.  

One upside is the ammo is cheap and so are the hi-caps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top