Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2001 9:12:20 AM EDT
I think you mentioned that you've played the TacticalOps mod for UnrealTournament.   What beta did you play and how recent was it?

The TacticalOps designers have released a new beta version and it is NICE!   It reminds me of CounterStrike a HELL OF A LOT but only the graphics and map sizes of TacticalOps absolutely blows CounterStrike out of the water!

Just wondering if you've tried the mod again since they released the most recent beta, if you haven't you probably should check into it again.

A few months ago I deleted CounterStrike because I was so sick of it and figured I'd never play it again, I just installed TacticalOps recently and I can say for certain that I'll never go back to CounterStrike again if for some reason I even wanted to in the first place.

http://www.tactical-ops.net

The download is 104 megs if I remember correct.

Later today I'm likely going to go buy Quake III so that I can install the mod that you were mentioning, it's very likely similar to the Tactical-Ops mod for UnrealTournament I'm betting.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it Quake III Arena you need?  I have a ahem, copy, ahem, of it somewhere around my house.

Also, where do you find the servers where people are playing?   That is the nice thing about Tribes2, it has the servers in the game program.

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#3]
You're right about the movements in TacticalOps not being quite polished just yet, I figure they'll get that nailed down in their next release and make it so that it's much more similar to what happened with CounterStrike when they put in the additional code to allow upper torso movement and more realistic running/moving.

For a CounterStrike beater though, I like TacticalOps quite a bit.    Unfortunately I won't have until this weekend to mess around with the QuakeIII mod because during the week I'm working two jobs and I've got to be in bed by 8pm otherwise I don't get enough sleep before my morning job which I have to be at by 4am.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:44:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:50:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I keep going to the computer store to get Operation Flashpoint, but they STILL don't have it and they have no idea when they will.

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Well I dunno, I don't think I'm ready for yet another mod.  I'm still trying to get used to Urban Terror. BTW I saw ya last night Goatboy in a team survival server.  My screen name is Mr. Crowley.  You were only there a min. though so I never got to say hello.

I have to say that Urban Terror has potential but has a long way to go.  The characters are too cartoonish and the weapon selection sucks.  I like the movement better though and as a beta version it show imense promise.

For now I have to take a stand and say viva la CounterStrike!  Still the best game I've ever played.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Are you sure Q3 doesnt need a key anymore for online play?
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm still a Rogue Spear loyalist, but wait 'til Ghost Recon comes out - I guarantee it will blow OFP & especially CS out of the water.
Check this out:  http://www.ghostrecon.com/

&

http://www.ghostrecon.net/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top