Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2001 8:28:54 AM EDT
I just read this from assultweb and thought I'd post it here and see what all you think about it...  Can anyone in Pittsburg confirm this? message pasted below.

Saw some taped news cast from Pittsburg on Alex Jones local access tv show here in Austin this evening.
It appears that Pittsburg has created an Illegal Gun line. They ask for people to call 911 to inform the Police of anyone who may have illegal guns. You are then paid a reward if any illegal guns are confiscated an an arrest made.

You dont have to give any of your information, instead you are given a secret code to use inorder to get your money.

WHAT made this bad is that all the news casts showed deer rifles and revolvers. These guns are legal in Pittsburg. So they are training the public that when they see any handgun or rifle, it must be illegal and you should call 911.

I guess you can look for more SWAT raids in Pittsburg...

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#1]
and just how is some loser-anti off the streets supposed to know the difference between a legal gun and an illigal gun? ah, who cares, they'll just call EVERYTIME they see a gun, i guess. [V]

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Wouldn't it be funny if they were overrun with thousands and thousands of calls from every pay phone in Pittsburg. Isn't that the place where the mayor, the whole city coucil, and every other government "official" has an illegal weapon?  Mind you now, I would not advocate doing that, but there are probably those that would.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:58:48 AM EDT
[#3]

There were 2 articles about the "program" on the AR15.com main page last week. They have scrolled off. I don't know if there is an archive.?.?

I posted a link on the "Article Discussion Board" but it was deleted.

Oh wait... Here they are:

[url]http://www.post-gazette.com/neigh_city/20010824guns0824p3.asp[/url]

[url]http://www.post-gazette.com/regionstate/20010828guns0828p6.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 2:15:43 PM EDT
[#4]
It's Pittsburg[b]h[/b]....with an [b]H[/b].

And 7, I'm pretty sure all guns that are legal in PA are also permitted in Pittsburgh.  Good city for gunners (at least till now).
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 3:02:11 PM EDT
[#5]
The city is doing this in response to the rising homicide rate. Usually black on black gang crime. The city is ready to beat it's 1996 murder record and wants it to look like they are trying to something about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top