Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2006 3:49:40 PM EDT
I am about 10 hours into my private pilots certificate.  Today I was doing pattern work.  I did the last two landings without any inputs from the instructor.  I think i may have this figured out.  the last landing was so good i think it surprised the instructor and i caught a big smile on his face.  the flare was just right and i think the plane settled all of about 6 inches to the runway.  Hoo-rah!

after the flight the instructor asked if i got my medical yet and if i had my renters insurance.  medical tomorrow morning and i gotta check for renters insurance.  is the best place through AOPA?

d.
Link Posted: 8/28/2006 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations!  Be sure to wear a shirt that you don't mind sacrificing the tail out of.  You'll be surprised at how fast the plane will climb with just one person.  Wait till you do your solo cross country.  But you'll still hear your (phantom) instructor next to you.  Good luck.  Hang in there.  100 LL here in Houston is $4.54 per gallon.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2006 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Good for you!!  If you can, get someone to videotape your solo.

I don't really remember my first flight in an airplane.  I don't remember my first flight in a turboprop.  I don't remember my first flight in a jet.  I remember my first solo like it was yesterday.  It was an incredible experience.  

In a way, I envy you.  Have a great flight.

Link Posted: 8/28/2006 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Waa-hoo!
Link Posted: 8/28/2006 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#4]
cool congradulations man.  Have one on me .  Make sure to wait 24 hours after drinking that cold frosty one before you go flying.
Link Posted: 8/28/2006 4:23:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats buddy.  Remember one thing.  You'll look a lot dumber crashing the airplane...more so than if you decide to go-around.

If things don't look right...go-around.

Best of luck and congrats!

-MEI
Link Posted: 8/28/2006 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#6]
One boo-boo and yer a gonner!!

Hang it up and get into the remote control jobbers....
Link Posted: 8/28/2006 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I am about 10 hours into my private pilots certificate.  Today I was doing pattern work.  I did the last two landings without any inputs from the instructor.  I think i may have this figured out.  the last landing was so good i think it surprised the instructor and i caught a big smile on his face.  the flare was just right and i think the plane settled all of about 6 inches to the runway.  Hoo-rah!

Then I got tired of pedaling

after the flight the instructor asked if i got my medical yet and if i had my renters insurance.  medical tomorrow morning and i gotta check for renters insurance.  is the best place through AOPA?

d.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:47:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Well??

Did you ever solo??
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:54:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I was thinking his Solo didn't go too well until I checked his last login date.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:56:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Get a video camera if you don't have one, and set it on the dashboard as you turn for base, final and land.  I did that for one of my first solo landings, and it was a sweet video.

Set the camera on a rag or something to keep vibration down.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:01:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Have fun!  You'll probably find yourself doing a lot of talking...to yourself
I know I did....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top