Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2006 3:26:56 PM EDT
I know Weber is regarded as one of the best, if not THE best, grill on the market. Are there any others worth looking at?

Does anyone here have any experience with Jen-Aire? There is a whole-stainless model for sale at Lowe's that I really like, yet I find Weber's going for less.

All advice appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 3:48:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Oh, sorry, thought you said "grillz".  
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Vermont Castings makes a great grill and Home Depot sells them for $399. Porcelain coated cast iron body will last damn near forever. We just bought one for my parents back in May and they love it. Heats up quick and has three burners for the left center and right of the grill unlike Weber's 3 burners for front/middle/back.

Link Posted: 8/26/2006 4:02:58 PM EDT
[#5]
We still use our Weber...have had a Jenn-Aire and an inline gas grill, and I'll never go back to anything else.

Indirect or direct heat and it can't be beat for flavor unless you have one of those humongous barrel grills that smoke all day, too.

HH
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#6]
weber kettle style,

use the natural or hardwood style charcoal, not the brickettes

get a chimney to start the fire with,

all you will ever need,,,
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I also have a chargriller smoker. It rocks. If you aren't using charcoal your just using a gas range outside. The Kettle is a great grill as well. Had one for years. Just a suggestion if your new to charcoal grilling. Always empty the ashes out when they are cold.They draw moisture and that's why they rust out!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I need it to be a stand-alone Propane unit. I don't have anywhere to put a built-in.

Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.asseenontvnetwork.com/vcc/salton/foremangrill/191135/  

Holy shit! That's cool!

Maybe I need to go to Wally World and save myself a few hundred.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:18:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Vermont Castings makes a great grill and Home Depot sells them for $399. Porcelain coated cast iron body will last damn near forever. We just bought one for my parents back in May and they love it. Heats up quick and has three burners for the left center and right of the grill unlike Weber's 3 burners for front/middle/back.

www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/060197003086_4.jpg

I saw those today. Had never heard of them. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#11]
The Holland Grill is supposed to be the shit. I don't have one but a guy i know has one. He said its the best grill hes ever owned. Nothing you can't cook on them.
Thinking of getting the little one for camping.

www.hollandgrill.com/
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Weber ??

take a look at Broil Kings.
super nice grills...
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm cheap.  I read up a bit and bought a Fiesta (really).  I read up on them and they cook as nice as a Weber but the build quality isn't as good.  

www.fiestagasgrills.com/

I bought it a Kmart (on sale of course)
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:59:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I've tried them all. I came back to a Weber.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 6:11:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I've tried them all. I came back to a Weber.

I haven't tried them all, but I have damned sure burned up my share of Char Broils and other cheapo grills.  I bought a Weber 4 years ago and it still looks and cooks like new.  I couldn't be any happier with it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
weber kettle style,

use the natural or hardwood style charcoal, not the brickettes

get a chimney to start the fire with,

all you will ever need,,,

I had a job once where I would get a lot of grills for free. Weber 2000, Charbroil, Fiesta,
Kenmore, name it.

I would give them to everyone I knew. Friends and family all were sporting top doller grills.

Now my wife and I cook on an 18" Weber Kettle like five nights a week. Everything comes out great! Cheap, low maintanance, and easy to store.

I love waiting and tossing on the meat when the coals are just glowing.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I love my Weber Genesis Silver B. It's the lower end model of the Genesis, two burners, $400... but it's AWESOME. I couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I have one of the BBQware grills from Lowes and it's not bad. Only had it since Fathers Day and not really used to it yet. My old gas grill had two burners this one has three. It was easier to cook indirect with the two burner grill. I guess my only real complaint is with only one burner on it's lowest cooking temp is 300 degrees. Now this fall when it's not 105 outside to start with that might change.

charcoal= Weber   no contest
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Solaire by Rasmussen

Infrared/convection style.  Ready to go in 3 minutes.  Sears steaks like they do at Ruth's Chris with very high heat infrared ceramic radiation.

I saw a small one at a shop in San Luis Obispo that would be good for taking to the beach at about $300.  Runs on propane and has a special ceramic burner.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 9:06:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Weber Genesis Silver B here ... it's only on it's second season, but it has been great to cook on and I don't expect anything less in the years to come.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top