BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2006 7:49:35 AM EDT
www.aish.com/movies/PhotoFraud.asp

Interesting......

Sean
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 8:54:03 AM EDT
[#1]
It wasn't Reuters that did it, it was the photographer that submitted it. Reuters has barred that photographer after the issue was brought to light. I'm not convinced that the woman is the same one, and the caption error is typical of journalists of all sorts, which never surprises anyone. I doubt Reuters has the time to verify every photo they receive, it question is how they react to cases that are brought to life.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It wasn't Reuters that did it, it was the photographer that submitted it. Reuters has barred that photographer after the issue was brought to life light.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It wasn't Reuters that did it, it was the photographer that submitted it. Reuters has barred that photographer after the issue was brought to life light.

NTM

Ooops. Fixed.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 9:59:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It wasn't Reuters that did it, it was the photographer that submitted it. Reuters has barred that photographer after the issue was brought to light. I'm not convinced that the woman is the same one, and the caption error is typical of journalists of all sorts, which never surprises anyone. I doubt Reuters has the time to verify every photo they receive, it question is how they react to cases that are brought to life.

NTM

It is their job to report the truth.  They can make time.  One could argue that the military doesn't have time to worry about civilian casulties, but Reuters will be the first to crucify the military for any misstep.  If we can make the time, they can make time.  Deadlines are not excuses for slanderous reporting.
Matt
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#5]
This was news two weeks ago…

Move along.

ANdy
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This was news two weeks ago…

Move along.

ANdy

Sooorry............I just got the email to the link today.  :rolleyes:

Sean
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top