BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2001 2:13:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got three,

A Maori motive on my left upper arms, an Apache portait on my right upper arm. And an impression of H.R. Gigers Alien on my right upper back. Havent got any pics of them at this time.

Working on a fourth for my lower left leg.

Once under the needle, you're addicted.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 2:43:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got quite a few.

I've got a mean Leprechaun that takes up my upper right arm. He's shooting a 1911, and smoking a pipe. There's flames around him and a banner below that says Erin Go Bragh. You can even see the empty shell casing ejecting out the side. Wish I could post a pic but....

I could go on and on, but that is one of my better ones. I've been getting inked for about 11 years, since I was 17. I've got 8 and I  can't wait to get more.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 3:06:43 PM EDT
[#5]
after 7 operations for polio, 1 bowel resection, 2 crushed toes and several square feet of road rash...i figured my canvas is about full.

nice maiden, m4!
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 3:21:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Body art sounds like a fancy word for tatoos.  Reminds me I need a haircut.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I prefer the subtle approach. I have a few piercings and tats.

[img]http://www.uglypeople.com/uglygender/ugly-images/up-gender-00051.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Check out this tat.

[url]http://www.consumptionjunction.com/crazycrap/view.asp?ID=6022[/url]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:50:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I got some ink. This is the inside of my right arm
[img]http://imagehosting.bidbay.com/image.php3?imgID=559232[/img]
this is the outside of my left arm, which is still in progress.
[img]http://imagehosting.bidbay.com/image.php3?imgID=559235[/img]
This is me overall. that thing you see sticking out of my shirt is actually a full neck piece, but I had to shrink the picture so you wouldn't have to wait all day for it to load.
[img]http://imagehosting.bidbay.com/image.php3?imgID=559234[/img]
here's one of my wifes
[img]http://imagehosting.bidbay.com/image.php3?imgID=559230[/img]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:55:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Does this count?
[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/bioPics/treetop.jpg[/img]
9/16"(diameter), Lucite.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 11:53:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I got three tats!

One on my right shoulderblade of a frill knecked lizard.

One on my right upper arm near the shoulder of the Eureka Stockade star cluster, basically a cross with the Southern Cross thru it. Hard to describe, but an excellent tat; and

Finally, over my heart, the Southern Cross. What is the Southern Cross, well its a group of stars only visible from the southern hemisphere, and it appears on the Australian National Flag.

All tats my design, and were done at Toobstone Tatoo, Cronulla, Sydney, Australia over a period of many years.

Advance Australia!
1feral1,
Sydney
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 1:00:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I married mine...
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 3:21:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What is the Southern Cross, well its a group of stars only visible from the southern hemisphere, and it appears on the Australian National Flag.
View Quote

Not exactly true. [:P]  I saw the southern cross very low in the sky while sailing around the British Virgin Islands.  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:31:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I have four, but no photos, alas.  There is a tribal band on my left upper arm and a sun taken from an engraving by August Durer on my right upper arm.  On my left shoulder blade is a moon taken from an old engraving and on my right leg is a heart in progress.  Depending on my final decision, it will be either the Sacred Heart of Jesus or the Sacred Heart of Mary.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:40:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Golgo, don't you mean Albrecht Durer?

I have a ribbon with "FORTES FORTUNA JUVAT", on my right upper-arm. A unit crest on the same shoulder. And a meat-tag: SS#, Blood type and gas mask size, on my left rib-cage.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:03:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have a ribbon with "FORTES FORTUNA JUVAT", on my right upper-arm. A unit crest on the same shoulder. And a meat-tag: SS#, Blood type and gas mask size, on my left rib-cage.
View Quote

What's the attitude of the Marine Corps officer community towards tattoos? You were a Mustang, right? Did you have your tats before you put on your bars?

My NCO school roommate had 15 tattoos, and said that his meat tags were, by far, the most painful of them all.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:12:05 AM EDT
[#19]
I was an 0311 SGT in a past life....
40% of my OCS class was prior enlisted.
Lots of "Zeros" have 'em.

Tattoos are like anything else in the world of officers.  If they're already on you, when you get commisioned, no one cares.
If I showed up one morning with a giant portrait of Ozzy Osbourne on my right forearm, that might raise a few eyebrows....
Officers are supposed to be a little conservative.  No ripped jeans, wear a belt, no tank tops, &c., &c....
It's different if you're stationed in Hawaii, of course.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:23:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Golgo, don't you mean Albrecht Durer?
View Quote

Yes, I do.  Having an Alzheimer's moment this AM, I guess.  Up too late last night eating deer steaks and drinking beer on the patio...
Anyway, thanks for the correction.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:25:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was an 0311 SGT in a past life....
View Quote

So did they have to teach you how to use silverware and soap in OCS? (snicker, snicker)

[Edited to say: No, really, I'm not an MOS bigot. I've got a lot of grunt friends. I've even introduced my wife to some of them]

40% of my OCS class was prior enlisted.
View Quote

Is that an unusually high number of prior enlisted for a typical class? Did you get your commission through MECEP? I'm pretty much convinced that I owe the favorable experience I had in the Corps to the fact that in every unit in which I spent significant time, including Comm Elec Schools at 29 Palms, at least the first officer in my chain of command was always a Mustang.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:35:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Jarhead 22,

(PLC, not MECEP)
My observations in the Fleet would show 40% to be slightly high, but not very.

Some of the best officers I knew were mustangs.
So were some of the worst.  
Where does one learn to "skate", be a sick-bay commando, and a kiss ass?

The worst officers that I knew, HANDS DOWN, were those who graduated from the Naval Academy. I do not exaggerate when I say that 90% of the Marine Officers that I knew, who graduated from the Naval Academy, sucked ass.
Dorks, careerists, geeks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:45:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Skate officers and kiss-ass officers I saw, but there are sick-bay commando officers too? I would think that an officer with a laminated light-duty chit would be on a fast train to career suicide.

I never dealt with any NA grads. They had a rep, of course. Is your impression shared by most officers, or do Mustangs just have different standards, and judge ring-knockers a little harder?

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:51:27 AM EDT
[#24]
The sick-bay guys, you'd see in training, and yes they don't go far.

As far as the mustang impression of NA grads goes, it was a consensus.  The non-prior enlisted officers felt the same way.  Besides it wasn't a feeling, or an impression, it was a fact -they sucked. We knew it, the SNCOs knew it and I'm sure the men knew it, too.
In my last battalion, we had one NA officer who was good to go, but he was a former Drill Instructor.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:55:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Dang.

So much for my plan on how to get the (future) little Jarheads a free engineering education.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#26]
This is the one and only that I have.  It is my family crest with the family name in Gaelic and the family motto in Latin.  It's on my right shoulder.  Both my brothers and one of my cousins have similar ones (they are all just a bit different).  They were all done at Wild Bill's in Roseville, CA.

[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/842/images/O1bs2sCoBQIAAEvrdRg_842_102.pjpeg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 3:48:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#28]
I've got 6. My first one I got in Atlanta after MCT (Marine Combat Training) while enroute to NAS Millington fro "A" School. #2, 3,5 &6 I got in Yuma Az, while at WTI (Weapons and Tactics Instruction for the pilots) #2 is a Celtic V, #3 is a tribal armband, #5 &6 are my daughers and wifes names, done in tribal wristbands. #4 is a dragon on my right calf done for a buddy of mine that was murdered. He was stabbed 38 times and shot in the head.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#29]
I've got 6. Eagle and dagger on upper left arm, panther and dragon on upper right arm, wizard, eagle w/ schooner, spider web on lower right arm. Working on some other designs for future work.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm up to about 28 and 3 body piercings,I have my last name (Pavloff)in Cyrillic across my stomach w/a Csarist Eagle on one side and a red star on the other(both oppressors of my father's people).I have 1/2 sleaves on both arms,and all across my chest and collars.Half my body is black and grey and the other half is in color.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I have one...a hammerhead shark on my right upper arm.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 2:24:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Here's two of mine, found some pics yet.

Right upper arm(the pic doesnt do the depth of the image justice). The warpaint is just uncovered skin creating the stripes.

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Kuiper%2FApacheWarrior%2Ejpg[/img]

Right upper back

A larger piece depicting the artwork Giger made when drawing his Alien of movie fame.

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Kuiper%2FAlien%2Ejpg[/img]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top