Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/23/2006 8:56:36 PM EDT
City dwellers really piss me the fuck off.

I have been spending time in a large metro area and the people here, for the most part; act like they themselves are the only people on earth.

Man I can't wait to be home.

Has this country boy just had enough of big city life or what?

Has anyone else had similar experiences?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no problem whatsoever with city turds, providing they stay in their clustered up, crime infested nests of liberalism and entitlements and DO NOT MOVE INTO THE COUNTRY.

People tend to think buying into the quaint country life somehow means we appreciate that they are bringing their culture out here to better we poor country folk. We don't want HOA's, noise ordinances, zoning regs that require us to ask permission to build a shed, and we don't want a Starbucks. Fuck you, soccer mom.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
We don't want HOA's, noise ordinances, zoning regs that require us to ask permission to build a shed, and we don't want a Starbucks. Fuck you, soccer mom.

Don't need any of that new fangled fancy shamcy in door plumbing neither!
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:08:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have no problem whatsoever with city turds, providing they stay in their clustered up, crime infested nests of liberalism and entitlements and DO NOT MOVE INTO THE COUNTRY.

People tend to think buying into the quaint country life somehow means we appreciate that they are bringing their culture out here to better we poor country folk. We don't want HOA's, noise ordinances, zoning regs that require us to ask permission to build a shed, and we don't want a Starbucks. Fuck you, soccer mom.

Amen to that.

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Indoor plumbing is ok, but forcing us to go to city sewage from our tried and true septic tank is going to be a PIA.  I just know who is going to have to do the hookup.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#5]
...and makin' y'all feel ashamed about lovin' up yer cousins un sisters.

It ain't right!

No siree!
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

And let's not even get started about the barnyard animals !!  
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#7]
City People = Reasons for Gun Control
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It ain't right!
No siree!

Die City Boy.  As long as you keep track of your family, living with hundreds of family members in the area is fine.  That is why you bring your girlfriends to family functions, to make sure they aren't related.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:12:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Country Folk = reasons for BIRTH control
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:14:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We don't want HOA's, noise ordinances, zoning regs that require us to ask permission to build a shed, and we don't want a Starbucks. Fuck you, soccer mom.

Contrary to popular mythology, most country folks are quite modern. We've recently gone to color TV, pushbutton phones and all 9 of my children have their own shoes.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Country folk and our kin recently elected a Republican president, congress and senate. Should I mention what city folks have elected??

You're welcome, Starbucks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Country Boy?....from KY..tell me your next joke....this one sucked ass.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As long as you keep track of your family, living with hundreds of family members in the area is fine.  That why you'ins brings yer girlfriends to family functions, to make sure they aren't ain't related.  

Doesn't always work out though, huh?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Country folk and our kin recently elected a Republican president, congress and senate. Should I mention what city folks have elected??

Damn you get all riled up easily boy.  It was a joke.  And that republican pres went to a BIG CITY school for his education.

And all that modern stuff in your home probably was built in a city also.

Not knocking your country living, just saying we compliment each other.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:22:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#16]
From my experience city folk:

Don't know where to buy stuff if there isn't a little dinky store on every corner.
Get amazed when they see the stars without the city lights drowning them out.
Are scared of noises in the forest.
Are scared of the dark.
(the city is rarely ever dark enough that you can't see without a flashilight)
Wouldn't last a week in the forests of central PA unaided.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:24:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You sir have never been to Oakland, Ca
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As long as you keep track of your family, living with hundreds of family members in the area is fine.  That why you'ins brings yer girlfriends to family functions, to make sure they aren't ain't related.  

Doesn't always work out though, huh?

I would say it's workin' jes fine. Why don't youns all stay in the city where ya belong.  You like it there, all you people do is come out to some nice land and start fertilizing the air!
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#19]
This girls a fukkin troll, he claims heritage of Kentucky....it's awful weak.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#20]
A couple from the country and a couple from the city were seated side by
side on an airplane. The country girl, being friendly and all, said, "So,
where ya'll from?"

The big city girl said, "From a place where they know better than to use a
preposition at the end of a sentence."

The girl from the country sat quietly for a few moments and then replied: "So,
where ya'll from, bitch?"

Country Folks = still have manners

City Folks = still conceited and rude

And not everyone living in a city is "City Folks", but I know what you mean.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, I was comparing it to Philadephia.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

In the city, we consider the use of such broad, insulting generalizations to be RUDE and the epitome of poor MANNERS.

When used as a means to praise yourself and bring down others (as you have just done), we consider such behavior to be CONCEITED, too.

But then some folks just don't know any better.

They'll always be our burden to bear.
Noblesse oblige.

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do yourself a favor and keep it that way.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the city, we consider the use of such broad, insulting generalizations to be RUDE and the epitome of poor MANNERS.

When used as a means to praise yourself and bring down others (as you have just done), we consider such behavior to be CONCEITED, too.

Noblesse oblige.

I think you may have missed the last part:

"And not everyone living in a city is "City Folks", but I know what you mean."

And I should have added that, Not all people living in the country are "Country Folks"

Didn't mean to offend.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also laughing my fu%#ing ass off.

BTW Who's paying for this operation anyway.

When Kitrina hit I was amazed to here how many of theese polite, good old down south folks have been living off of of welfare for generations. It was like flooding the ground and standing back to see what would come out. A bunch of under dressed, under educated people that for some reason ( they don't even know why ) still use the term " mam ".

I bet the Chinese could sell us produce a hell of alot cheeper, and without the tax burden.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Noblesse oblige.

I think you may have missed the last part:

"And not everyone living in a city is "City Folks", but I know what you mean."

And I should have added that, Not all people living in the country are "Country Folks"

Didn't mean to offend.

Not offended in the least, country cousin.
Just sparring nothing serious.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bah, the lights are still on even if you're blacked out after an assault and robbery.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 10:33:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Indoor plumbing be damned.

High speed internet is all I need
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 10:41:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And in return they chose you to fight and die while they make tons of dough.

Who are the smart ones? ( Where do you think they live? )

Shit, when it comes to the military, if it was'nt for you guys and a bunch of Philapinos that chose the service over Walmart greeter, and airport stand still, I'd be worried about our nations security.

P.S. Do country folk still do stupid thing like taking in those in need, offering them food and shelter only to find out later that they had simply been taken advantage of?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I'll live s far out in the boonies as I can, provided I can still hit 5 MBpS.

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 10:51:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
City dwellers really piss me the fuck off.

I have been spending time in a large metro area and the people here, for the most part; act like they themselves are the only people on earth.

Man I can't wait to be home.

Has this country boy just had enough of big city life or what?

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

We're in a hurry motherfu@#er, get out of our way!

We don't have time to cruze around at 15mph and wave at everyone in an intersection.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 11:04:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Some of us are only dealin' with the city life long enough to get the shotgun,rifle,and four wheel drive.City squirrles is stupid.Rabbits too!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 11:21:21 PM EDT
[#33]
I hate country people, because I wanna be one. If only I could sell this damn house!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 11:40:29 PM EDT
[#34]
It's true!! Most people from Kommiefornia are dimwitted liberal assholes!

Fuck off
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 12:21:15 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

When Kitrina hit I was amazed to here how many of theese polite, good old down south folks have been living off of of welfare for generations. It was like flooding the ground and standing back to see what would come out. A bunch of under dressed, under educated people that for some reason ( they don't even know why ) still use the term " mam ".

I bet the Chinese could sell us produce a hell of alot cheeper, and without the tax

I am amazed at the ignornace of people posting about ignornace.  How about "
Theese" and amazed to here?  How about amazed to hear!

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 12:49:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Gentlemen, Gentlemen,   let us all agree that folk - be they city folk or country folk - are idiots.

But country folk are just ever so slightly more idiotic than city folk  

Exhibit 1: The Mullet

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 12:56:06 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Gentlemen, Gentlemen,   let us all agree that folk - be they city folk or country folk - are idiots.

piggydidit.com/blog/mullet.jpg

Why do you show a Windy City boy?
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 12:56:23 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Uhhh, hate to be captain obvious, but Mr. Gay Mullet is where in that picture? Here's a hint, there isn't a field or tractor anywhere near him.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 1:05:41 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
It's true!! Most people from Kommiefornia are dimwitted liberal assholes!

Fuck off

Damn.

"most people...?"

Hey there junior, YES...we have dim witted assholes here. I'm SURE you have them there as well.

This is a big state, both in size and population, and really should be broken up into several states for true representation.

I live closer to 2 other states, than my own states capitol.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 2:03:01 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are talking about a ghetto slum in the CITY of New Orleans. Nothing to do with country folks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 2:09:10 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit, when it comes to the military, if it was'nt for you guys and a bunch of Philapinos that chose the service over Walmart greeter, and airport stand still, I'd be worried about our nations security.

Oh thats a jewel right there.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 2:30:31 AM EDT
[#42]
I work all day in a filthy city. I wouldn't be able to tolerate it if it weren't for the fact that when I get home, I'm out in the country.  I've lived in this house for 7 years now and I have yet to hear of ONE crime (other than a bad haircut or a rusty pickup) being committed. I usually witness at least one or two a day on the job.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:13:37 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Hang on a minute - I thought anti-war city types hated Bush.  But one minute he's a moron, and yet now he's one of "the smart ones"?  BTW Crawford, Tx isn't exactly a "city".

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:31:52 AM EDT
[#44]
I just hate society.  As a percentage there are just as many dumb fucking tards in the country as there are in the city.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:43:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Country life is so much better than city life.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:46:17 AM EDT
[#46]
whats that sound I'm hearing, its starrting to sound like the theme song to Deliverance freaking country hicks
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:49:59 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

OMFG
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:55:30 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

+1

Outhouse and well are just fine, but I need me some throughput for my G4 with dual processors and 22" flat screen...
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:56:56 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I just hate society.  As a percentage there are just as many dumb fucking tards in the country as there are in the city.

But the idiots in the country usually spend their time doing a lot of drinking, not bathing, and just generally being worthless.

Whereas the idiots who move into more rural areas from places like NYC or the DC area tend to want to organize and push for idiotic policies because that was how things were done "back home" when the rest of us who actually BUILT this place don't want to live with the idiocy one finds "back home" in the hellholes they created with their stupidity.

Yes, country idiots mean that every now and then when out and about you are going to step in a pile of Red-Man that some idiot just tossed on the sidewalk.

But I will gladly step in a pile of Red-Man every day for the rest of my life instead of having to deal with some idiotic New Yorker who strolls into town who constantly spews idiotic statements like:

"There isn't a whole lot of culture around here!"

Yes there is, you idiot. It is called MINDING YOUR OWN DARN BUISNESS. And I hardly call being accosted by homeless bums outside the Met "culture", or watching a guy pee on the subway, or being propositioned by transvestite hookers. CULTURE MY AUNT FANNY.

"Where I come from I was used to excellent care!"

Spoken about her aged mother's pacemaker checkups. Well gee whiz! Last time I checked Virginia didn't hand MD licenses to just any old schmuck.

"How much technology is there in the area?"

Well gee whiz! We got us some runnin water over t'the courthouse! Look around you, moron. Even the people with mullets are surfing the internet on their cell phones.

"What kind of grocery store sells guns!!!"

The kind of grocery store I like, you yankee twit.

"Property prices are nothing compared to what they are back home!!"

That's because "back home" is filled with idiots like you who have no sense of what something is worth and thus drive the cost of everything through the roof. Then when you have completely f*cked that area up to the point where you can no longer live there, you decide to move into my town and do the same thing here.

"Back home our schools could set their own property tax rates!"

Yes, and "back home" was an utter hellhole of constantly increasing tax rates and yet a lot of your kids were still pretty freaking dumb, like your precious little johnny who can't seem to master the SOLs despite having moved from the big city out here to the sticks.

Etcetera, ad infinitum.

Not everyone who lives in a city is an idiot. There are quite a number of DC refugees around who moved here specifically to escape the nonsense that they see in the DC area. God bless them. They know a good thing when they see it.

What I can't stand are the soccer moms and retirees who spend their largely idle time trying to foul up the place I live.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:17:46 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

What I can't stand are the soccer moms and retirees who spend their largely idle time trying to foul up the place I live.
It is getting worse too.  It is putting a hurt on my job trying to buy timber when there are so many city folk who for some reason think you are destroying the earth when you cut a fricken tree.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top