Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2006 5:32:34 PM EDT
My sons, commanders wife, sends out a news letter often, letting us know what is
going on with our kid.

It used to only be sent to spouses but she decided to expand it to parents.

I love this woman, she gives me info that my son hasn't gotten yet.

He and I communicate through ARFcom IM and he always asks what "Cathy"
has to say.

GM
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My sons, commanders wife, sends out a news letter often, letting us know what is
going on with our kid.

has to say.

Here is a recent e-mail that Cathy sent us:

August 18, 2006
“BLUE SPADERS” THE BLUE SPADER NEWSLETTER

It’s been a fast-paced couple of weeks for Task Force 1-26, “Blue Spaders”.  From the time we left Schweinfurt, Germany to our arrival in Eastern Baghdad, the Blue Spaders have put forth an incredible effort that all members of this team should be proud of...  

I'm sure that information is given under the assumption that a recipient would never do something so crazy as to post it online for the world to see.  Opsec brother!  
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
going on with our kid.

has to say.

Here is a recent e-mail that Cathy sent us:

August 18, 2006
“BLUE SPADERS” THE BLUE SPADER NEWSLETTER

It’s been a fast-paced couple of weeks for Task Force 1-26, “Blue Spaders”.  From the time we left Schweinfurt, Germany to our arrival in Eastern Baghdad, the Blue Spaders have put forth an incredible effort that all members of this team should be proud of...  

I'm sure that information is given under the assumption that a recipient would never do something so crazy as to post it online for the world to see.  Opsec brother!  

Noted and repaired.

I don't see where the previous information would be an issue, but I
will surely take your word for it.

Thanks, Chairborne

GM
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Noted and repaired.

I don't see where the previous information would be an issue, but I
will surely take your word for it.

Thanks, Chairborne

GM

Thank your son for serving and tell him I'll be joining him very soon in the AO.  I think it's great that his unit is keeping parents as well as spouses informed, more information should always help alleviate the worry.  Just keep in mind that if (God forbid) your son got rolled up by bad guys they will be scouring the internet for any information they can find about him and his unit to use it against him.  Nothing you posted was officially controlled information, but you can paint a pretty clear picture with it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top