Im 50/50 cop basher here but this guy is right on

long excellent rant

www.ktvu.com/video/9591734/index.html
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd buy him a beer.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 3:26:25 PM EDT
[#2]
That was great! I wish more 'talking heads' would just come out and say it like it is!
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn right, he's right on.  The citizens/subjects of SF are reaping what they've sown.

bd
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I say damn.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope that guy runs for president someday even though he is from Kalifornustan.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Ultra liberal town, liberal judges, liberal town council (Board of Supervisors), liberal mayor, liberal press, liberal district attorney v. BAD police for enforcing the laws.  Git with the program.  Criminals are Heroes. .  What SF needs is a return to vigilante justice for a couple of years.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I hope that guy runs for president someday even though he is from Kalifornustan.

I dont know about President just yet but Governor of CA would be a nice start

This video goes right along with a recent thread I had read on here regarding the lack of respect for police/justice system. This guy is right on!
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:11:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Sure is nice to see some one call it how they see it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#9]
can somebody give me a brief summary of what happened in the shooting and the media's coverage of it?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ultra liberal town, liberal judges, liberal town council (Board of Supervisors), liberal mayor, liberal press, liberal district attorney v. BAD police for enforcing the laws.  Git with the program.  Criminals are Heroes. .  What SF needs is a return to vigilante justice for a couple of years.

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Amen to everything he said. They have exactly the same problem in Baltimore, and the same kind of liberal press, mayor, city hall, and judges. Coincidence?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
can somebody give me a brief summary of what happened in the shooting and the media's coverage of it?

Cop killed by badguy
badguy was out on bond probably shouldnt have been
media asking why bad guy was chased instead of concern for officer
man on video very mad slams media and judges of SF
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#14]
That had to be very theraputic.  Hell it felt good just listening to him.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#15]
very sad it takes the death of a good man. to get people to stand up and yell about whats wrong in the world. the scum blaming Officer Birco for doing his job need to be <coc>

story of the wreck here
www.officer.com/article/article.jsp?id=31996&siteSection=1
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:38:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Well justified rant!

I particularly like it when he talks about judges not being accountable for what they do.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#17]
god damn that dude is PISSED.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#18]
He will be on the shit list now, too bad.  He said what needed to be said.

Anybody in the area know if he has taken any flak for his comments?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Im 50/50 cop basher here but this guy is right on

long excellent rant

www.ktvu.com/video/9591734/index.html

Preach it brother, preach.

People have no idea what kind of burden police are under, and how difficult their jobs are. It isn't easy and political correctness and flat out liberal stupidity have killed a number of police officers.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Amen to everything he said. They have exactly the same problem in Baltimore, and the same kind of liberal press, mayor, city hall, and judges. Coincidence?

Those liberal places are the IDEAL place for law abiding gun owners to improve their situation AND the situation of the police. The rank and file officers and defense minded individuals can team up to get some common sense weapons reform done.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.diacenter.org/kos/images/dirtyharrysm.jpg

Don't forget......
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Finally someone who could maybe turn that dirtbag city around...I'd let him be mayor
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Sam Spade's San Francisco
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
SFPD Officer Nick Birco Killed by Steven Petrilli

Wednesday morning SFPD Officer Nick Birco was broadsided by a speeding van and he was killed.

Inside the van were four cowards; three men and a woman. They had just beaten and robbed a victim who was waiting at a bus stop on Bayshore Boulevard. The van was spotted by police and a wild chase began through the streets of San Francisco.

After slamming broadside into Officer Birko's police cruiser, the van struck two other cars and even struck two buildings before SFPD officers were able to bring the bad guys down and put them in cuffs.

Officer Birko was assigned to the Bayview Station. That station also lost Officer Isaac Espinoza to a Bayview - Hunters Point dope dealer in 2004 who shot and murdered the officer at point blank range.

------------------------------------------
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Taken from elswehere on the net.

Supposedly the van had gotten away from other officers, and the officer that was killed was trying to get into a position to intercept the suspect vehicle. He was not activley pursuing the van. The van blew a stop sign, striking the police car, and driving it into parked cars, and a building.

The media has apparently indicated that if the police didn't get into high-speed chases with violent felons, the public would be safer, and the officers would be safer.

The also focused on the crash, indicating it was more or less the police dept's fault.

There has been far less focus on the suspect driver's signifigant criminal past. He was out on bail for 2 different felonious crimes, and apparently failed to show up to a bail revocation hearing. There may or may not have been a warrant issued for his failing to show up. I think he is also currently on parole for a previous high speed chase.

But the crash is the dead officer's fault, according to the media.

One of his previous arrests is for sexual activity with a 13 year old boy. I think that is one of the charges he was out on bail for.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:04:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Got this from ODMP, gives a different account of what I understood about the incident. I'm sure this is fairly accurate.

www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=18396

Police Officer Nick-Tomasito Birco
San Francisco Police Department
California
End of Watch: Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Biographical Info
Tour of Duty: 5 years
Badge Number: 612

Incident Details
Cause of Death: Vehicle pursuit
Date of Incident: Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Weapon Used: Automobile
Suspect Info: Charged with murder

Officer Nick Birco was killed when his patrol car was struck by a van being pursued by officers at the intersection of Cambridge and Felton Streets.

The persons in the van had been involved in an earlier robbery of an individual. The victim had accompanied officers during a search of the van and located it a short distance away. As the officers approached it, the van sped away.

The officers pursued the van until it struck the rear quarter-panel of Officer Birco's patrol car, causing it spin around and strike a utility pole. The van then struck two buildings and crashed. Officer Birco had aborted an attempt to lay down spike strips at the intersection and was moving his patrol car when it was struck.

All four persons were taken into custody. The three occupants of the van were charged with murder, manslaughter, and other charges.

Officer Birco was transported to San Francisco General Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.

Officer Birco was a US Marine Corps veteran of the Gulf War. He had served with the San Francisco Police Department for 5 years and was survived by his parents, two sisters, brother-in-law, niece, and two nephews.

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd vote this guy for President, knowing nothing else about him.  

Amen.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Well justified rant!

I particularly like it when he talks about judges not being accountable for what they do.

Completely agree.  The unfortunate part is that his rant could be on the entire country.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 11:48:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 12:44:42 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I think that the supervisors of SF should be put in uniform for 6 months.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 12:45:58 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Damn right, he's right on.  The citizens/subjects of SF are reaping what they've sown.

bd

I disagree just a little: The citizens are reaping what a small, vocal bunch of a**holes have sown. However, the 'regular' cits ALLOW this to happen!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 1:00:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Impressive schpeal. I'd love to get a copy of the movie to download.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 1:58:27 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those liberal places are the IDEAL place for law abiding gun owners to improve their situation AND the situation of the police. The rank and file officers and defense minded individuals can team up to get some common sense weapons reform done.

Sounds good on paper, but good luck getting ANY weapons reform in Baltimore, except to ban more of them or to limit what weapons the cops can use. You'd have to completely purge the city govt and state govt, and that ain't going to happen any time soon with Baltimore's demographics.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:26:11 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
But the crash is the dead officer's fault, according to the media.

Well....it IS the officer's fault. He and the SFPD had this idiotic notion that they are supposed to stop violent criminals.

It was his fault just like terrorism is Israel and George Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:23:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Excellent speach.

I do think it's funny though how cops can get fed up with the justice system, all while telling citizens who are getting f-ed by the system to "tell it to the judge".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top