Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2001 10:22:26 AM EDT
Totally rude people. Challenging a bogus charge from J & G Sales was a pain. This is supposed to be Federally regulated.  

Discover Card Sucks.

Link Posted: 9/5/2001 12:42:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Never had a problem with disputing a charge on the discover card. Could it be the person you talked to? I would call and try another service person.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Wonderful!! I just applied for the thing!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I have to give them a huge thumbs up.

Unlike all those dime a dozen VISA cards they have given me great service.  Thom3, I think you got the bad apple today.

Sorry to hear it.

Zaz
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discover- The card that fux you back.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 9:22:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I cancelled my card after they screwed me over.  Once, I sent them an extra payment because I was gonna use the card and didn't want to go over.  They did not post it, and when I called to ask they were rude.  Then they claimed the payment was late and tried to give me a late charge.  I had to call them a bunch of times to get it staightened out.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#6]
My motto is cash, same as cash. No 90 days, no interest rip-offs. As for my American Express, I leave home without it!
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#7]
yup     sucks!
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:05:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I didn't have experience with the cust. service reps, but Discover has a funny way of calculating interest, I forget exactly, if you carry a balance on Discover check out how they charge you the interest on the balance owed. Because of this, I don't user their card anymore.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:11:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah and they actually expect you to pay them back when you use it. How rude.[:O]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I signed up when they gave back 2% on all purchases.  Now they have cut back to only 1%.  Problem is other cards don't offer much more for a reward.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 5:26:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah and they actually expect you to pay them back when you use it. How rude.[:O]
View Quote

Hi Gopher:
I don't know if you are being facetious or patronizing.

The scum at Discover Card were too rude for anything but acting with the direction of management. Put me on hold for more than 10 minutes and I will recognize that as an intentional slight. They were obtuse and unpleasant. They acted as if I was abusing their precious time. This is supposed to be Federally regulated.

Putting salt in the wound, they accepted a circular and non sequitor response to my challenge of a bogus charge by J & G Sales.
The charge was for restocking fee. No problem.
Except that there was no shipment. Period.
My request was for a shipping receipt. The response from J&G Sales was:

"the restocking fee is valid because responding to this challange (of the restocking fee) requires paperwork."

No shipping receipt. Nothing was shipped. The restocking fee is bogus. Discover Card's act of accepting the above statement is bogus and is shows they do not act in good faith. Plus they are rude.

This is supposed to be Federally regulated to protect consumers from abuse by unscrupulous proprietors.

Discover Card Sucks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#12]
No sir that was made very tounge in cheek. I work for Verizon (formerly GTE) and have been on both sides of that phone call for the last 19 years. It was done for chuckles only. I catch the fallout of bad customer service daily. Been there, done that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top