Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2006 10:55:02 PM EDT
Hi folks,

I have had an ARMS #40 for a bit now and still don't know what the square notch and white paint is for on the top edge of the small arperture.

Anyone?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Its flip-up combines a 250-300m close combat aperture and a 500-600 meter aperture with a horizon line that helps lead distant targets.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm still confused on this idea.  I know what it means to lead a moving target (bird hunter) but how do you use the notch ?  And what is the horizon line for.  When I look down my irons the top of the arpeture almost dissapears because it is so thin and painted white.  Is it supposed to do this ?

Can someone please explain it to me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 2:42:30 PM EDT
[#3]
anyone ???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top