Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2001 7:38:50 AM EDT
While in the local gun shop last night I happened to see my city police cheif buying some ammo. Since this is a town of 2500 people we all know each other, I asked him casually if he would be willing to sign a form 4 class 3 for me to get a KAC suppressor for my HK. His eyes went wide and asked "are those things legal?" He had never heard of a class 3 signature and he's been cheif for 5 10 years.

Here's where the story takes a turn for the worse. Mister part time deputy that just started working at the gun shop overheard our conversation and came stomping over to inform the cheif and I that only the sherrif could sign the form and that he only signed for fellow leo's, and the tax was a yearly tax. Man I could have passed out on the spot. The cheif started squirming with what I assume was thoughts of ATF coming down on him for improperly signing a form so I could shoot up a school or something. I asked the cheif if he would like me to print off the ATF regs. online and drop them off to him to read up on to make his decision, which he gladly said yes to.

Twenty minutes later I had the forms and regs. dropped off at the cheifs house and then I took an extra set to the gun shop to show pig vomit the deputy that if he was going to dispense legal advice it might as well be the correct advice.  Today I'm calling the shop owner to relay my displeasure and possible changing of my buying habits of 1 or 2 guns a month from his establishment if barney fife continues to blabber.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 7:53:40 AM EDT
[#1]
At least the Chief seems like he's willing to read and be educated. I think you definitely need to follow up on Deputy Dicksnort and inform the owner of the establishment that he's hurting his business.

Money talks, BS walks.

Freedom isn't free
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#2]
It's obvious why he is a "part-time" deputy.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's obvious why he is a "part-time" deputy.
View Quote

And full time doofus.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Now, now, now...

he's only half moron.  The other half is just nosy, gun-shop employee.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:10:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I was doing a gun show in my own state of Nebraska when a Omaha city cop helping an ex-cop turned gun dealer heard me selling a NFA item to an Omaha citizen. He came over and had to inform me that there are no NFA weapons allowed in Omaha city limits. I explained to him that the sheriff signs for transfers and there are actually 2 NFA dealers and 2 NFA manuf. in the city limits of Omaha. He said the sheriff was a personal friend and he knows he would never sign.  He should have been ticketed for being stupid without a permit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#6]
You HAVE to let me know what the shop owner says about "Barney Fife", You just HAVE to!

BTW what did Barney say to U when you showed him reality?
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Rule #1 in life:  

People are stupid.  

Don't expect much more than the ability to breathe from them.

Let us know how it turns out.

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule."
H.L Mencken
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Met my Sheriff today to pick up my Form 1.  I thought I'd be in and out in 5 minutes, but he bought me a soda, sat me down and we talked reloading and hunting for 2 hours!

God Bless Texas!
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I to would like to hear what part time Barney said when you should him the law as well as hear what the owners reaction is when you talk to him.
For those that have not figured it out yet police officers are notorious for not knowing gun laws. I spent my entire adult life as a police officer before retiring a couple of years ago and was surprised at how little most of my fellows officers did know about gun laws. The same officers that can quote every statute in the bool verbatum know nothing about gun laws. Don't ask my why that is......I haven't a clue. But it is true in too many cases.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:02:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Why do you people always turn to cop bashing? The deputy has to risk his life every day protecting you civilians and in return you show him absolutely no respect.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:52:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't see how my post insults or degrades every one on law enforcement just this idiot. Explain yourself?
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:00:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Steve, Imbroglio was being sarcastic, trying to make a point.

He does that sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:03:42 AM EDT
[#13]
When I showed the part-time pork the rules he stated like a prissy little school girl that "they must have just changed the law"

The owner hasn't been in the shop yet so I can inform him of his shining example of a rotting rectal wort.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

thanks
idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:12:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why do you people always turn to cop bashing? The deputy has to risk his life every day protecting you civilians and in return you show him absolutely no respect.
View Quote

Damn it Imbroglio!
Nobody pulled your string.
Go back and sit in your corner![B)]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:47:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Respect is earned by actions, not by just sticking on a shiney tin star.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Steve, Imbroglio was being sarcastic, trying to make a point.

He does that sometimes.
View Quote

Sometimes? How about all the time.

When you get your supressor, go back in that store and ask porky if he still thought it was illegal. [:D]

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:33:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I am getting the impression that Imbroglio is just a troll that everyone has put up with and now's he's got like 6 billions post counts. He's like the little kid that always has to act out to be noticed like "look at me, look at me!!!"

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Ya and you being Idaho must be a member of Aryan Nations. I've been on AR15.com for over 2 years now and if you haven't noticed, trolls do not stay around anywhere that long.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:56:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Met my Sheriff today to pick up my Form 1.  I thought I'd be in and out in 5 minutes, but he bought me a soda, sat me down and we talked reloading and hunting for 2 hours!

God Bless Texas!
View Quote

Indeed! [:D]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:10:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Imbroglio, sorry to dissapoint you that I might have a high and tight hair cut but am not a member of the Aryan nations.

I think you are just a troll that everyone has put up with, such as the retard at school that everyone got their kicks out of and let them hang around because of this.

But alas it IS getting old with your same drivel on everyone's post's.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Ok so you are a wannabe skinhead.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#22]
An your a wannabe gunnut, what's your point Imbroglio?

Being a white, progun, hetrosexual, Christian male does not make you a skinhead or an Aryan. And making Idaho the place for all Aryans pisses me off.  When you have a high majority of whites, you are going to get all kinds, and unfortunately, you get buttholes and others.  Same as here on the forum.

Go put up some more anti-gunowner news.

Ice
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Ice, thankyou!!

I had decided to ignore any more of Imbroglio's replies.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#24]
No prob. Idaho is where my family home is.  Know a little town called Leslie?
Ice
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Ice, sorry I haven't heard of the town Leslie. Is it in the north of the state??  I'm down here near Twin Falls in the southern part and there are so many small towns scattered around that they are hard to keep track of.  Are your family farmer's in Leslie??

thanks
idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Accuse me of bullshit, I will accuse you of bullshit right back.

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Good.  We don't need anymore people w/o balls who won't say anything outside of the general concensus.  Say what you want, but be prepared to recieve as much bs as you shovel.

Ice
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#28]
I think Imbroglio was being sarcastic.  I know he is usually that way from the other threads.  I don't have a problem with him, but I can see how someone would.

Hey man!  I'm on both sides!

"A .22, a .40 S&W, a .410ga, a 20ga, a AR15, a BB gun and that's all!"
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:45:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Lighten up Francis. Imbroglio is a good guy. Humor takes on many forms. His is dry & sarcastic.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 1:23:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I to would like to hear what part time Barney said when you should him the law as well as hear what the owners reaction is when you talk to him.
For those that have not figured it out yet police officers are notorious for not knowing gun laws. I spent my entire adult life as a police officer before retiring a couple of years ago and was surprised at how little most of my fellows officers did know about gun laws. The same officers that can quote every statute in the bool verbatum know nothing about gun laws. Don't ask my why that is......I haven't a clue. But it is true in too many cases.
View Quote

Gunslinger,

sounds like cops here in Massachusetts- if they find ugly guns in the car on routine traffic stops, it's hassle time, while they call in and wait for instructions on what to do. They generally have no clue as how to proceed, even if one has the proper licence for owning an AR or the like. (MA License To Carry Firearms-A [Large Capacity])

Being well-dressed and in a nice car sure helps, as well as sounding like one is a LAWYER... :^)who knows enough to make lfe hell for the PD.

Otherwise, they arrest you and/or confiscate the guns, and let you sort it out with the PD and pay a lawyer to get them- and your life- back, since you are now, in effect, a felon.

I have even seen them do this to reenactors with muskets in their cars, which are supposedly exempt from MA gun licencing- although black powder, oddly enough, is not...

As a rule, MA cops do NOT like black guns or civilians with black guns.

Class III, though, is perfectly legal in MA, but the local CLEO can set up all kinds of conditions, if he/she wants, such as alarms, safes, etc.- Go figure!
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#32]
95thFoot, thank you for the on topic post, it sounds like a bad deal. I was about to delete the thread after the Imbroglio fan club showed up.

idaho-ar15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top