Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2006 9:34:08 AM EDT
On the Simpons at the school dance after Homer, Bart and Willie plowed through the vents with the grease from the kitchen flowing into the dance room.

Milhouse: It's like a hamburger milkshake!
Nelson: Here comes a greaseball!
Luigi: [walking in] Hey!  Luigi bring-a you kids-a free
pizza!  Why do you hafta make-a the fun, huh?
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Simpson's always cracks me up.  That dry sarcastic humor is top notch.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Definitely, my wife doesn't get much of the Simpsons humor, she's a Family Guy type herself.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:41:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Family guy is good, Simpsons is good, but Southpark takes the pie!  
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:45:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Family guy is too random, and is totally in-your-face.  Nothing subtle at all about the humor.

Simpsons rocks (except for the last several seasons) because the plots make sense and there's a lot of subtle humor as well as pure laugh-out-loud parts.

Southpark is very in-your-face, but it also has a lot of subtle humor.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#5]
My thing about Simpsons over Southpark and Family Guy, is that Simpons doesnt have a level of raunchiness anywhere near the others.

I like humor that comes in clean and pure form, which is why I could watch Bill Cosby skits over and over again.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Family guy is good, Simpsons is good, but Southpark takes the pie!  

Yeah South Park will tackle issues that nobody else will touch.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My thing about Simpsons over Southpark and Family Guy, is that Simpons doesnt have a level of raunchiness anywhere near the others.

I like humor that comes in clean and pure form, which is why I could watch Bill Cosby skits over and over again.

Southpark does get raunchy, and I would prefer that they didn't swear and take the Lords name in vain.  However, they aren't afraid of anything.  And they are right most of the time.  Just watch the Osama Bin Laden episode, or the one on Smoking.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh I agree, the smoking episode was balls to the wall right in every aspect, I wish every one in this country could see that episode.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Definitely, my wife doesn't get much of the Simpsons humor, she's a Family Guy type herself.

You have a refined sense of humor. Your wife doesn't.

Peter Griffin: "that reminds me of the time when (insert retarded non-sequiter)"
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#10]

This snow tastes like fish sticks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top