Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2006 7:43:42 AM EDT
Precursor to banning or regulating air powered guns in the UK?

UK Boy, 12, dies in pellet gun shooting
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:45:31 AM EDT
[#1]
BAN THEM! ITS FOR THE CHILDREN!

Seriously, England, say goodbye to pellet guns....
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:48:41 AM EDT
[#2]
The pellet guns they have over their are some mean sons of bitches.  They take small game with them.  Apparently they take children with them to.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:54:20 AM EDT
[#3]

i can only imagine the shit-storm this is going to cause over there.

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:57:32 AM EDT
[#4]
"Although the full circumstances have yet to be established, Mitchel's death would appear to serve as a terrible reminder of the dangers of children having access to air weapons."

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:58:25 AM EDT
[#5]
The Scots have all but banned pellet guns due to shooting like this
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:01:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an RWS .25 - it'll go through a two-liter pop bottle filled with water. One of those in the forehead would get your attention.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:05:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have an RWS .25 - it'll go through a two-liter pop bottle filled with water. One of those in the forehead would get your attention.
What's "pop" and why is it in a bottle?  Oh, do you mean coke?
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:09:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I believe the UK is already limited to airguns with a maximum of 12 ft-lbs of energy at the muzzle.  Looks like it's going to get worse.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:10:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No hillbilly he ment POP!

POP

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:11:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay wise-guy, we all know he means plastic 2-litre soft drink bottles.  Actually, my single pump single shot Benjamin air pistol will penetrate through-and-through plastic 2-litre soft drink bottles and Campbel's soup cans.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:12:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Knives, champagne bottles, air guns, darts, snooker cues, cricket bats, bats, bricks, sharp sticks, blunt sticks, sticks of any kind.....

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:14:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

POP

www.popvssoda.com/images/smalldrawn.gif

I wonder what they call it in the UK.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:23:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

POP

proably going to call it 'illegal' in a few weeks when someone accidentally chokes to death while drinking it.

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:39:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

POP

proably going to call it 'illegal' in a few weeks when someone accidentally chokes to death while drinking it.

Ba dum ching
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:57:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Who knows what those anti-gun crazies will turn it into, but rather than an example of the dangers of airguns...this seems more like a simple case of not using eye protection. These pellet guns can generate decent energy, but most of the potential for serious injury is in the eyes. I have had to dig a BB from my calf and although uncomfortable, it was definately not life threatening. A cheap pair of glasses almost eliminates this issue.

A 12-year-old boy has died after being shot in the eye with an airgun pellet.

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:03:38 AM EDT
[#16]
I read about a Minnisota girl  (12yo?), being shot in heart with pellet on way home from school. ran to some lady's front door & died...
a weapon is a weapon, not a toy for some dumb kid...this shit is avoidable.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I read about a Minnisota girl  (12yo?), being shot in heart with pellet on way home from school. ran to some lady's front door & died...
a weapon is a weapon, not a toy for some dumb kid...this shit is avoidable.

Bingo  !
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:08:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

POP

Why the hell would you call all soft drinks "Coke"? That's like calling all cars "Chevies".
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Precursor to banning or regulating air powered guns in the UK?

UK Boy, 12, dies in pellet gun shooting

There must be war!!! God wills it!!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#20]
My friends dad had a freind who died from a pellet gun.. Got shot in the heart with a benjiman, .22 cal.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 10:32:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The pellet guns they have over their are some mean sons of bitches.  They take small game with them.  Apparently they take children with them to.
The pellet rifles over there with more than a little energy (velocity) are already regulated the same as as firearms - heavily!

Low-velocity air guns are less heavily regulated.

The Brits do make some very nice pellet rifles, though the VAST majority of the "good" ones are exported.

[edit for fat-finger spelling]
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

POP

other?  pardon, cup o caramel flavored fizzy water please?
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

He meant coke bottle.

Filled with water, or Dr. Pepper, or Seven-Up, or whatever kind of coke.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

POP

Depends on what it is.
Pop is the generic term, but coke is coke, and pepsi is pepsi.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top