Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2006 3:41:00 PM EDT
I still can't seem to Bump Fire! What the heck am I doing wrong?

I'm trying with an AR, AK and SKS. I just can't seem to do it..
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:42:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I can only do it with my AK, tried it with a 10/22, Marlin 60 and SKS.

AK seems to be the easiest in general. Are you trying it from the hip or the shoulder?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#2]
have u tried from the hip?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Fire it from the hip.Keep constant  forward pressure on the handguard and keep your trigger stiff and straight, like you where pointing at someone.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm getting pretty decent at it from the shoulder, except when the burst ends its usually with a light strike.   I'm still working on it.

I'm doing it with my new Stag M4gery, using Guat 5.56.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#5]
DVDTracker has a video that explains it as well as I could in writing.

Use recoil to reset the trigger, while maintaining forward pressure with your non-firing hand. That's it, in a nutshell.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:58:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

AK seems to be the easiest in general. Are you trying it from the hip or the shoulder?

trying from the shoulder, I'm not the hip fireing type of guy. But I might try it out just to see if I can get a feel for bump fireing.

Quoted:
DVDTracker has a video that explains it as well as I could in writing.

Use recoil to reset the trigger, while maintaining forward pressure with your non-firing hand. That's it, in a nutshell.

Hopefully DVDtracker or someone will come along and post it, I would be interested to see it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

trying from the shoulder, I'm not the hip fireing type of guy. But I might try it out just to see if I can get a feel for bump fireing.

Do it from the hip first, to build confidence. Obviously, all the normal rules apply. Make sure you've got a BIG backstop, etc. The first time you do it, you're going to spray rounds everywhere. Make sure that you're spraying them into a mound of dirt.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you can't already do it from the hip, I'd say learn it from there and move to the shoulder. Just remember: don't move your trigger finger! Hold it in place and keep pulling the gun forward with your other hand.

I'm still working on getting it to work from the shoulder.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:05:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm getting pretty decent at it from the shoulder, except when the burst ends its usually with a light strike.   I'm still working on it.

I'm doing it with my new Stag M4gery, using Guat 5.56.

At the last HTF shoot, I got to try a mag of that. Shoulder bumped it through my SP1, and it ran extremely well. I'm going to order me some of that when I get home
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Clicks me...

ahh wow!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top