Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2001 5:40:41 PM EDT
Took my anti gun sister out on Monday...

Damn it!!! It took me 16 rounds to drop her! I really, really need to work on moving targets. Thank god my Glock holds 17 rounds.

Then it took me 15 minutes to drag her to the pit. (Man I really need to work out more)

But over all it was a good day, had fun, got to practice, fresh air, although it was hot. Just hope that the buzzards don't give away my secret spot.

Ooops, that was the dream I had on Sunday. Sorry about that. Back to Reality , took my sister to the shooting range. Yes, she is anti gun, but she is living in Honduras now and was back for a bit. She wanted to learn how to "disable" guns, i.e. learn the safeties, how to remove the rounds. The reason is there are alot of "Barney Fifes" down there and they are really scary (trust me, was down there and totally agree).

I said that I would show her the basics, revolver, pistol, AR, and AK, with the rule that we do go to the range and she actually uses my Glock. Otherwise it doesn't make much sence on the operation of a gun, unless you see it in action.

Turned out to be a good day. She was very impressed with my knowledge (which is less than others here, but any compliment from her is incredible!! She know everything!) She enjoyed the fact that I spent time going over the rules of firearm handling. Explained things in simple terms, took things apart to show how it works. Explain basic ballistics, what happens when rounds enter a different medium (pistol and rifle). I always made sure to compliment her and say that she is doing a great job. Told her not to worry, I have seen people shoot worse than her (actually she was shooting quite well for a beginner).

I tried to stress the fact that firearms are a tool, just like anything else, it could be used for good and bad. Tried to warn her that knives are just as dangerous as a gun (she thinks guns are worse, bad mistake).

Talked about the Zen-ness of shooting, concentrate, block out your surroundings, squeeze, relax. This helped when at the range with others shooting and brass flying over the partitions. She is really into the "Zen" of things.

I was really impress by her questions after we were done and eating lunch. She asked how to tell which people are good to go out shooting with when in Honduras. Had to ask why? She finally fessed up that she enjoyed herself, and would like to shoot more.

WHOLLY FUCKING SHIT!!!! THIS FROM MY SISTER THAT HATES GUNS!!! 23 years of hearing guns are bad, there is nothing good about them, evil, satan, etc. to hear that she had a good time. Wow. I just hope that she wasn't humoring me (which she is known to do). Time will tell.

So again another possiblity of another anti converterted over to the Right Side.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Bravo Zulu, Guzzler, I'm raising my glass to you. You did everything exactly right, and are to commended.

Best of luck.

Arq12
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Well done Guz,- now you know why the antis want to forbid kids and adults from any positive exposure to guns- BECAUSE GUNS ARE FUN!!

"If guns were only about tragedy and death, then they would not be so
enjoyed
and so firmly incorporated into the lives of so many different
Americans."-Abigail Kohn in "Their Aim is True: Taking stock of  America's
gun culture," Reason magazine, May 2001.

I have never run into anyone who hated guns, if they had ever shot one.
- --PAT CLEAVER

Link Posted: 9/4/2001 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd like to take the wife out shooting, but I'm not sure if I want her to know how to shoot.[:D]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Great Job!  This is the only way to keep our rights.  One Anti at a time.

Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Good job.

I have found that most "anti's" are people who are scared to death of firearms from none other than a complete lack of knowledge and experience with them.

The best way to conquer that fear is to gently educate and give experience...even if that is simply holding the gun and or learning how the various parts work together.  Everyone goes at their own pace.  Getting them to the range (with a .22 rifle if possible) is a VERY important step.

I am impressed with the rapid success you had.  Keep it up!
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#6]
What a cool day!  Did you sleep with her?
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 7:26:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Wrong.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What a cool day!  Did you sleep with her?
View Quote

Dude... I don't know what part of the Ozarks you are from, but from where I come from we DON'T SLEEP WITH OUR SISTERS!!!

One sick dude!
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Awesome job.  If taking an anti to the range gets just one of them to change their minds about RKBA, we've won!  Oh wait, that's along the lines of someting Rosie would say. [:D]

Still.  You change the mind of one anti, and they may change the mind of another.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#10]
GOD!  It certainly pays to actually read the title of the post carefully.

I thought the title of the string was "I took an anti OUT by shooting yesterday"

WHEW

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top