Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2001 6:14:01 AM EDT
Ever want to buy a toy that is both cool, and will help you work with females and get them intersted in shooting??

I think I've got JUST the thing for you.

Its the Reflex II 12.5 min triangle site. (Of course, the cheaper red dots would also work.)

The wife and I were shooting this weekend, and she was having a tough time with my .40 and 9mm handguns. But whe was trying.

THEN I brought out my .40 S&W AR with the Trijicon site. She was mowing down bowling pins rapid fire at 25 yards!!!!!!!!!! I'm talking "One shot, one "kill." And she was loving it!!!!!!!!

SO, if your lady doesn't seem to react well to the shooting sports, maybe its as simple as she doesn't like it 'cuz she isn't IMMEDIATELY good at it (wommenz can be like that)

My suggestion???? Get some reactive targets - knock down or spinning or something, and get a red dot / Trijicon site that'll make it easier.

I can tell you that it works!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:16:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep,  my wife hated iron sights but loved my Reflex II.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:58:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
(wommenz can be like that)

View Quote

Did Garandman just say "wommenz"[:O]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm Never thought of that.
However my wife has her own  AR15 and about 4 weeks ago claimed my G17 as her own. Thank god I have a 1911a1 to replace the 9mm.
I noticed with most women that shoot and are proficient own their own weapon(s).

Keep her on that 40S&W AR and you'll lose it to her. Not that that's a bad thing.

Also pay close attention to her attitude over the next month. Her confidence level will go way up.(she'll start thinking she's a bad*ss, and with that thing in her grips she is).
Especially if you get her right back to the range and on the weapon again.

One other thing I found that seems to be just as important is making sure they understand the weapon system. You know, funtion checks and all that other good stuff.

your headed in the right direction, keep it up
and you'll soon be a milita of two instead of one.

Rich

Link Posted: 9/4/2001 7:23:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Keep her on that 40S&W AR and you'll lose it to her. Not that that's a bad thing.

View Quote

If I play my cards right, I may be able to parlay this into a 9mm SBR with telestock and Reflex II.

You know, for home defense and all.  [:D]

Seriously, tho - she said that she would LOVE to have my .40 AR with the Trijicon for any BG's climbing thru the window late at nite uninvited.

Hmmmmm......
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#5]
My wife has shot my SP1 more than I have, and she's better with the peep sights on it than I am as well.  A week ago, she was drawing a small crowd at the local gun range.  Shooting from a standing position she was very accurate.  And something about a woman and an AR tends to attract a lot of guys.  When I moved from the pistol lane to where we had setup for the AR and gave her a hug there were a few dismayed guys. [:D]

Now we're talking about getting her her own AR.  She's also working on me for a 1911.  I love my wife.  She's literally one in a million.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 8:36:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Uh, I would be willing to try anything to change my polarity to attract womenz instead of repel them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Does having a Reflex make me a a girlie-man now?

BMB
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I put a Bushnell Holosight on my M17S and then let one of my exs try it. She didn't even want to shoot it at first. After she tried it for a while I didn't think that I'd get it back. I then let her shoot my AR-15 with a Propoint and she was going absolutely nuts. I almost had to give up one of my favorite rifles. Yikes!!! Big mistake.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Uh, I would be willing to try anything to change my polarity to attract womenz instead of repel them.
View Quote

Imbroglio,

Become a Cop:
Chicks dig Cops. [:)]

Jay
Arizona

"Life is hard:
It's harder if you're stupid"

Link Posted: 9/4/2001 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#10]
For those who are in need of "Trijicon Tactical Marital Aid" [:)] ,I'm selling a Reflex II.
Check it out: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=49290[/url]  

The triangle reticle [i]does[/i] work great for precision shots!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top