Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2001 5:52:02 PM EDT
[url]http://www.goa-texas.org/webring/no-compromise.htm[/url]

The message below is from Chris W. Stark - Webring Manager and Director for Gun Owners Alliance:

There was a time that I actually advocated resigning one's NRA membership, because I was so disgusted with the compromises, and back door deals the NRA was making with politicians, at the expense of losing our 2nd amendment rights. However, over the years I began to realize that if we are to reign in this wild, and out of control gun lobby, we would have to learn from our enemy to INFILTRATE the halls of the NRA with a strong, no-compromising Board of Directors, that will insist on change and get the job done! And you can only vote for the NRA board of directors by being at least a 5 year renewing member, or a life member of the NRA. The VERY people that resign their NRA memberships out of disgust (due to the compromise NRA is well known for), are exactly the members that could have cast the vote to throw the compromisers out of the NRA! Go to http://www.GOA-Texas.org/NRA.htm to see how we view the NRA.

Friends, boycotts against the NRA do not work to reign the NRA into submission, and stop compromising our rights away. Joining other gun organizations is a very good step and much needed, but it is not the total and final solution to this dilemma. If it was, we would have won the battle by now! The truth is, the NRA is NOT going away, for there will always be enough simple-minded people that will "blindly" follow "Moses" in spite of what is right or wrong (you will try in vain to change their minds). Equally, as long as the NRA has $80 million to spend on funding an election cycle, you will have politicians sell their soul to get their hands on this money, and will do whatever the NRA tells them to do to keep the money coming! If we can just get NRA to tell them the right thing, we might turn this battle around!

$25.00 - $35.00 per year for an NRA membership does not line NRA's wallet by a long shot. Their real money comes from additional contributions apart from annual membership dues! Annual membership dues cover the money they spend on your initial membership. So, if you are worried about promoting gun control by keeping your NRA membership, think again. It is a break even situation for them at the price they offer an annual membership. I know this to be a SOLID FACT. Just don't give them any more than the annual membership!

It's good to belong to other pro-gun groups, but a pro-gun group (or liberty based groups) have no business in suggesting that you resign your NRA membership. I would suspect they are just after your hard earned money if they engage in such unethical business practices! Tell them to get a REAL JOB!
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:09:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Friend.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Friend.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Neal Knox is definetly a friend.  His criticisms of the NRA are often times right on target.  There are many actions and views of the NRA brass that really need to be brought in line with the viewpoints of the actual majority of NRA members.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Wasn't there a falling out with him and the NRA a few years ago. He was really made out to be a bad guy. But from what I've been reading lately he seems to have his head screwed on straight.
Maybe it was someone else, just can't remember the name
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd like to know the salaries of the NRA suits
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Friend, but the type of personality that tends to destroy any board/committee they are part of by introducing conflict. Tends to attack people, not the problems. Does NOT like it when they lose a vote on an issue. Goes nuclear at the drop of a hat, and does not accept that they may not get everything their way.

I don't like his public slams at the NRA, he is not helping the cause.

[img]http://www.imira.com/Album/photo.asp?PID=751756[/img]
[url]http://www.geocities.com/gebooth2001[/url]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I read his column. He is on the money alot,but also has some radical thoughts. We need him for balance, but we do not need the disruption within the community.He needs to give alittle.
As for the NRA, I am a life member, I will not give up my membership as that leaves it under the control to the spineless moderates.
And Heston is the best thing to come along. But he needs to listen to the black gun members more. Fair is fair.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#10]
What really is the focus of the NRA leadership? Is it seeing all 2nd Amendment rights restored or is it just enough to keep us giving money towards an end result that will never happen?

This crap will all be moot anyways. China will take the heat off us.

From what I've been reading about China, it's expected we are gonna be in a shooting match by 2008. [url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=24325[/url]

Heck, even Bush is looking the other way concerning China's missile program.

[url]http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/9/2/212622.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#11]
He has a column in Shotgun News that I read regularly, and the majority of his views and statements are parallel to my own.

Friend.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Friend. I too agree with his views.

I, sometimes, think the NRA suits just fiddle-f*ck around to enhance their job security.

We would be better off with a smaller, more responsive board of directors. Especially people who take a little harder stance.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 5:14:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Neal Knox is a friend and a valuable voice of conscience.

You can read his columns at:
[url]www.nealknox.com/alerts[/url]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:04:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Friend.

The NRA has been infiltrated by HCI and their Ilk.  They now work against us big time!  Compromise with the anti bunch will have the exact same result as compromise with Hitler!

I have decided NOT to renew but am giving thought to the idea of change from within.  Depends on whether I think it possible.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 7:54:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Neil Knox is well meaning and very conservative and pro-RKBA...he would do much more good if he concentrated on advancing the RKBA and put less effort into bashing the NRA.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Friend!
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:00:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Friend.

We need him to hold the NRA's feet to the fire.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Friend! The first thing I read in the Shotgun News is his article, he's usually on target about the NRA which helps keep them from giving away the store. I still support the NRA by being a member because like it or not they're the main lobby in congress supporting our 2nd amendment rights.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Friend.
I have been following him for a few years, and many of his predictions has come true.  You have got to react before an anti-gun law or affects you personally, once it affects you, it is too late.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Friend.

And now that Nugent has spoken out against CARA, I have some faint hope that enough Directors can be pried away from the "Winning Team" to restore the NRA to relevance in the RKBA debate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top