Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2001 4:44:16 PM EDT
This has probably already been posted here, and most people here already know or would agree with, but I think it's great that one of the major manufacturers has the gonads to put this up on their webpage.

Check it out: [url]http://www.olyarms.com/ammowarning.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Nice the way call it like it is .  Ballsy.
View Quote

And to think I had that job offer all ready and everything!
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#3]
That was rather "Honest"

R.P.

Republic of the Philippines?

Old Remington-Peters?
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#4]
But notice how our favorite gun board profits from promoting this ammo from pop up adds.

Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#5]
very nice of Oly to point the finger at the ammo companies.  granted, Wolf sucks, but i'm willing to bet the farm that Oly's non-milspec. chambers compound the problem.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Arg, I just bought 500 rnds of Wolf ....

I don't suppose anyone has a way of cleaning off the Lacquer?

[img]http://www.imira.com/Album/photo.asp?PID=751756[/img]
[url]http://www.geocities.com/gebooth2001[/url]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Lord, there's probably no practical way to get it off of 500 rnds. i would just shoot it and worry about how to get it out of your rifle's chamber.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#8]
So what they're saying is, if you like to use Wolf ammo, don't buy one of their rifles?

(I just went through my first case of the stuff through my DPMS.  With coupon , I got it from the Sportsmansguide.com for $95 delivered, so much for that "for a few pennies more use decent ammo" argument.  My RRA LEGP rifle better like it or it's [i]asta la vista[/i] baby)
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Same old stuff. Millions of rounds of lacquer coated .223 are sold and shot every year with no problem whatsoever. If your rifle doesn't like it fine, don't use it. But sweet Jesus, quit the continuous whining about how it's going to kill my rifle. I'm tired of hearing it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
very nice of Oly to point the finger at the ammo companies.  granted, Wolf sucks, but i'm willing to bet the farm that Oly's non-milspec. chambers compound the problem.
View Quote

You've hit the nail on the head!  Never cleaning your gun and rapid firing excessively doesn't help the situation either.

All I can say to those that believe the BS hype against Wolf ammo is keep on wasting your money on overpriced ammo.  That just leaves more Wolf ammo for the rest of us who are wise enough to think for ourselves, try it out, and then make our own informed decisions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top